Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For race use only??

Sorry. Fixed my post. My phone doesn't like the word afv. Anyways. You can tune it with ecmspy, megalog and using your cable. You can find the tuning guide on here

Thank god lawdog FINALLY answered my question on the "tuning an EBR ECM" topic ....

Thank you Thank you Thank you .... I've been hesitant to give a "yes" or "no" answer to that question every time it pops up as a question in a post ... now that I know somebody has done it without issue that clears that up nicely ...

Someone stole your race pipe cause it was worth more than stock, they forgot to take ECM or didn't have one to swap.

Yes any ECM can be tuned if you know what your doing, I don't like ECM spy cause it's generic.

A custom map for your part of the world is best. I'd figure out your problem and ride the darn thing. I probably have a stock xb9 ECM, definitely have 3 or 4 12 ECMs for multiple years and bunch of pipes...

Umdterp...who was that post aimed at? Didn't make sense to me?

You didn't read the full thread or something? I just didn't know what I had until further research

Love my xb12, Doing track days now and want some upgrades, what is the best (and cost worthy) upgrade. Just got a K&N air filter, should I get RACE ECM, Exhaust, performance oil pump, gear ratios, compression ratios? anything!!

Also Can I download race maps onto a Stock ecm?

I am naive about Performance exhaust, they pull more torque right? so whats better a Race ecm with the stock actuator value in the xb12 exhaust or would I need to get a Race ecm and exhaust; also best brands of exhaust would be awesome.

Much appreciated

1. Open up the airbox, swiss cheese, custom, or aftermarket. Install K&N filter.
    2. Install aftermarket or gutted stock muffler.
    3. Install EBR ECM or tune stock ECM.
    4. If you want better acceleration at the expense of top end mph install XB9 sprocket and chain for lower gear ratio.

From here is gets expensive....
    5. Install big bore kit, head work, and cams
    6. Sell bike and get EBR 1190

Exhaust and tuning will yield improvements in all rpms. Remove/disable stock exhaust valve and tune it out. Gutted stock exhaust can is cheapest. Dean Adams is a work of art. Search on here, there are quite a few exhaust makers. I don't think any one is the "best" anymore then one particular auto exhaust manufacturer is the "best". Price, features, sound, performance all factor in.

Search on here for more details of each one.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123