Thread: Lowering XB12STT

So i have a 2007 XB12STT and i want to lower it. Anyone willing to trade suspension or what is the most cost effective way to lower it? From what i can find the STT is about 1" taller than the regular Lightning so the Scg shock should lower it 2" correct? Also instead of getting the Scg front suspension id like to pull the forks apart and put limiting spacers in it but it is so long im not sure that there will be much suspension travel left after lowering roughly 2" up front. Any suggestions?

I think I would try cutting the seat down before changing supensions. That way you don't mess up a really good ride. Cut it down and use a gel insert for comfort. Good luck however you decide to go.

You need a SS rear shock, forks & kick stand. Paul has a set, ask him now. Might trade, who knows.

I tried lowering a uly, the different rake & trail throw normal chassis suspension's out of wack & kickstand is short

As Jeff said I have the parts but let me help with this issue. DO NOT CHANGE THE TRIPLES!!!! Lol the lower triple on the ss/stt/uly has a different tack and trail then s/r/scg. Your bike will get completely loose at speed. If you want scg forks they are 54mm compared to 56mm stt forks. You will need to make spacers for the lower forks. It is doable though. I have it done to my ss. You can also change to fork internals, I know someone that did it with great success.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure the seat will be enough but I'll check.

So the SS suspension would drop the bike how much?

Is the STT longer or just taller? I know the tail is longer than the regular lightning but is the wheelbase itself longer?

I put XB12SS suspension on my Uly, and it is fine. Others have done it. I rode all over the forest near my house, went 80 on the main roads, and then went on some dirt roads, worked great. It is obviously a little stiffer and less compliant than the taller setup. I ordered a lower kickstand for $43, but haven't put it on yet, but will eventually. Trying to use it as an excuse to get a new exhaust, since I have to drop the stock one!

Glad to hear that the XB12Ss suspension works. Ideally I'm after either 2009 upwards blacked out Ss or Scg but here in New Zealand it's pretty hard finding these bikes. However there are a few Ulysses for sale - I'm just a bit worried about the height? I'm 5 ft 9 / 175 cm and 95 kgs / 210 lbs. Are the Ss rear shock and front forks a straight swap? And do I need to go for the Scg to get the black forks? If yes, is that a straight swap?