Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blast Help - New Owner

I bought a 2009 blast last year. About the same miles as you. It ran about 100 kms and stopped.
    This bike was clean as a whistle inside and out. I would start it. I would run for 20 seconds and stop. Then a day later try again, same thing.
    Turned out to be a bad 'Bank Angle Sensor'. Simple safety switch. Geez.
    This is what happened to me. Just throwing it out there. Don't be discouraged.
    I did go out and buy everything the Dan/Thumpe had to offer ; -). Love this bike.

What was your compression after the rebuild?

If everything was fine, then you wouldn't have 120psi compression. Moreover, your compression wouldn't have increased to 170psi with the addition of oil. That is THE test to check for failing rings.

Thanks, I'll look into the sensor issue if I can't narrow it down to another issue. As far as the compression I have not rechecked it yet but with new rings it shouldn't be a problem. I'm wondering if my compression gauge might be faulty? If I get the same reading I'll borrow another gauge. I did get the k&n and elbow from Dan with the right jet and it really cleans up the look of the little bike. I really like it and hope I can get this figured out. Thanks again guys for the input and I'll update when I get time to tinker with it. Paul

Inactive
    paul: i'm probably being over-simplistic here...but could it be running out of fuel....as in dry float bowl? i've never owned or worked on a blast but why not try running it again and when it shuts off fog the carb and see if it comes back to life. if it does i would tend to think it's a fuel delivery issue. just a thought.

Hello- Bought a 2002 Blast w/4700 miles on it. Having same problems as all the post also. I static timed the bike but no red LED illuminated. Did what the manual said and aligned the / mark center hole. I next aligned the 2 ** in the view hole and got a LED illumination. It would stay illuminated even when advancing it or retarding it. Any ideas as to the module being bad?? Thanks any help would be appreciated

Well, lunaticfringe hit the nail on the head. I had some fuel in the tank and when I popped the fuel line off gas ran out of the line, but not the tank. I put it on reserve and just a trickle. I added fuel and it ran like a champ. I rode for about 30 miles with a relieved grin on my face. I guess it's time to clean out the fuel screen; boy I feel like a genius. Anyway, thanks to everyone that contributes to these forums, I feel like I have learned the ins and outs of the blast and feel I can keep one going for many miles. Thanks again. Paul

there is a reason that John has 300+ rep points. :D

Just a quick update. I took the tank strainer out and it was clean, but I guess I must have had a quarter tank of water which is why the bike would stop running at about 85 miles when I still had plenty of gas (& water). I refilled with fresh gas and all seems well finally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12