Thread: Noisy Rear Brake

Since I bought my 1125cr the rear brake has been ridiculously noisy. Specifically, a super high pitched squeal as soon as I touch the foot lever. When I bought the bike it came with new pads, so I installed the new rears when I got the bike back home. I noticed the old pads were very glazed over but still had a lot of meat left on them. I decided to just swap the new ones in. Well for a month it was quiet, but then went back to being noisy again. I'm assuming the pads I put on are now glazed (have yet to inspect them). The rotor doesn't look glazed, but I'm wondering if I should just swap to a new rotor and scuff my current pads.

I'm looking for any advice if possible. The back brake doesn't lock like the caliper is sticking but I'm wondering if theirs an issue causing it to drag for the pads to be glazed over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention the rear pads used were the EBC HH sintered and the bike has 12k miles on it.

Inactive
    The back brake doesn't lock like the caliper is sticking but I'm wondering if theirs an issue causing it to drag for the pads to be glazed over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    examine your rear rotor and caliper attachment hardware to be sure everything within spec and tight. lift rear wheel off ground....spin wheel....firmly apply brake....release brake...grasp tire at 12 and 6 o'clock and give it quick wiggle. now try and spin wheel. alot of resistance to movement? you have a brake problem.

squealing disc brake sound is result of high frequency vibration by the pads. that's all. just remove them, clean, deglaze, and spray the back of each with anti-squeal treatment readily available at any auto parts store. usually solves it.