Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: q? for fellow buellers.

09 1125CR. On my way home from work this am on interstate, approx 75 mph, steady I noticed a pulsing vibration comming from feet and and maybe seat. I have a noisy icon helmet, so I didn't notice any different sounds but vibration was deff new. I recently...(two weeks) had new rear tire put on and was told pads were shot. I have noticed the last two rides that rear brakes have faded to nothing. Waiting on stealership to get pads. Wondering if that could be culprit of vibration or maybe bearings? Hoping that that is the case. Needing your guidance as you all have done me well in past. Not used to having a bike with so much "personality".. Every noise new feeling freeks me out.

How many miles are on the bike? Its always a good idea to check the bearings while the wheels are off.

Someone on here has a great deal on the EBC pads if you haven't bought them yet, I think it was lunatic?

Thanks for info. Other than complete failure would I be able to feel bearings going? The HD shop didn't say anything a couple weeks ago.

The best way is to spin the bearings by hand and feel for any roughness. If they were on the way out I imagine they could cause some vibration but I usually just change my out every so often as a maintenance item so can comment too much on that.

How many miles are on the bike?

Just turning 18,000.

Love my Buell but holey **** its a lot of upkeep.

Yes sir......cr is just like dating a model. Their worth it! Sometimes stupid hourly shop goons over tighten the piss out of the axles, hence the pinch bolt, and being super over torqued compresses the bearing, wears out pads stupid fast and will f up the axle & spacers. If you don't already have a three bearing rear axle you should definitely consider the upgrade.

spinning the wheel with the bike on a stand, may not let you feel any roughness. grasping the wheel at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock and see if the wheel has any deflection by trying to twist (tilt the wheel) side to side. see if there is any end play. Check your rear belt, tracking straight? Unusual wear patterns on the brake disk?

Oh yeah, it was Lunaticfringe that had the pads on sale.

Hals ducati just called to say that for whatever reason the pad order was delayed and would be here tomorrow.I asked about issue and he said that it may be a tire issue. Had put on by them about three weeks ago. No issues until yesterday.anything else that would cause vibration? Wish I had some buell people close to me. Kind of a lone ranger.

Wish I had some buell people close to me. Kind of a lone ranger
    where you at?

Did they attach any balance weights? Are they still there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast