Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: q? for fellow buellers.

Gonna have them do pads,bearings as well as check the balance of new tire. Issue with bike is that after I bought bike and got it home, I realized that the guy had taken some parts off to suit his needs. Mainly the ebr ecm and beat around the bush about upgrades like rotor. It does have a replacement vr and voltage seems fine with exception of idle voltage ...drops to 12.8 or so. Other issue is that without knowing service record and having 18,000 miles I get worried. There isn't anyone of the shops here that will work on this bike with exception of small things. Can't find anyone to check valve clearance etc.

checking wheel bearings using the K.I.S.S. method:

1. take the wheel off the bike
    2. visual inspection of the bearings
    3. insert your thumbs into the inner bearing race
    4. roll the wheel several feet
    5. feel smooth / rough?
    6. replace bearings if they are rough/corrosion found during visual inspection

So coz...I started bike up to move it out of drive to garage and it sounds different. Lots of ticking from the front...cyl head. Always noisy but this sounds new. Sounds a little different in the exhaust to. Could the vibration have been coming from motor? Possibly something let go?

Its possible I suppose, did the previous owner say if the valve check/adjustment has been done? Its really hard to say without hearing the bike in person.

I will say my 2009 1125CR with 6500 miles has a tick exactly like you are describing but it has since I got it at 3k miles. The 2008 1125R with 14000miles doesn't tick quiet as bad but its still present. I also run a few triton engine fords at the racetrack which use similar design overhead cam cylinder heads and I get the same kind of ticking out of those from the follower fingers. So I really think its just the follower fingers.

With that said, if its gotten bad and your not sure when the valve adjustment was done it might be worth taking a look into it.

Have been wanting to take it somewhere or to someone since I bought it,but can't find anyone to service it....looking and calling around now..
    Thanks cosworth. And everyone else that gave me advise this morning.

If it doesn't sound like a bucket of bolts then something is wrong. Like Cosworth said, the finger followers make this engine stupid loud.

For peace of mind a valve check isn't that big of a job really. Took me 5 hours start to finish and I took my time, marked labeled, and cleaned everything as I went. A quick check if you really think something is wrong is to look at your filter at the bottom of the engine and check for shavings. I'm betting what you are hearing is normal though. Never a bad idea to check though!

The best place to service this bike is in your garage. You will be very hard pressed to find someone to work on these bikes that actually know what they are doing. I suggest investing in a manual and some tools. We will help as much as we can here. Welcome to 1125 ownership lol

Have the manual..first purchase.lol. I changed oil last week and checked old filter and plug,oil etc. For any shavings.only about three rides since. Did abouabout three rides to work.only other service was new rear tire.I'm just not sure about the engine rotation deal. With my Harleys it was never this involved. I did find a Buell master tech in Decatur Illinois. Bout 40 min from me. Have service scheduled for next Wednesday.

U know, I made fun of my brothers ducatis for a Kong time for being noisy...lol...karma is a bitch!

Awesome. He will hopefully get you straightened out. There is only so much we can do online!

I have PDF manuals if anyone needs them!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123