Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to buy IAC

You can see a bigger gap on the throttle body to head on the front cylinder.

All this effort you've put into this and you could have just replaced the seals 10 times by now. The whole premise of this thread was that if you have a 34 code and your IAC works, you most likely have an intake seal leak. You have come to this conclusion, but for some reason still refuse to do what everyone tells you.

Inactive
    You have come to this conclusion, but for some reason still refuse to do what everyone tells you.

it's because he has "issues" cole and i'm being kind. if board members would just STOP responding to his endless stream of ridiculous vids...multiple threads initiated for the same subject matter....questions posed and then self-answered all for the sake of attention.....this might end though i have my doubts. going to talk to paul about this tonite and see what can be done. it's out of control and sadly i seem to be the only member trying to put a halt to it. ruining what was a great site and very sad to see.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 10-05-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Are going to post up the results, good or bad ?
    WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired of this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't you try sticking your finger down the throttle body and twist the throttle.
    Last edited by rchuff; 10-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Are going to post up the results, good or bad ?
    Error 34 now appears more rare than before and for shorter period of time, and only when engine is hot, I feel someday it can completely disappear, like it happened before 3000 miles ago when I replaced gaskets. So I have not decided yet if I want to redo intake gaskets.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 10-05-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Banned
    Alright, good news! It looks like the error 34 has completely gone after propane+contact cleaner+brake cleaner test! I rode my motorcycle today two times, first time this morning and second time at very bad and slow evening traffic, when engine was really hot, fan bowed full capacity and no check engine light at all!

So now I see what happened. It looks like when I sprayed the cleaner solutions on the intake seals it lubricated them, or activated surface energy, or something else and helped slided down completely to the place under clamping force of brackets and vibrations. And that is why I was not able to repeat engine RPM drop after third time I sprayed the cleaner solutions, because after I sprayed the stuff on the seals they slided to the place and sealed the leakage. And that is why previous time after I added Seafoam in the fuel it solved Error 34, because of Seafoam lubricated the intake seals and helped them to sit in the place.

So if you installed new seals and if you are sure you did it carefully but have error 34 or rough idling no need to disassemble the throttle body again and redo gaskets, just remove air scoops, warm up engine and spray cleaner on the gaskets while engine is working and let the gaskets sit in the place completely.

Here is what exactly I did. First of all I blown some propane on the intake seals. I do not think it has affected the sealing so do not do this, but follow next steps. Then I abundantly sprayed CRC QD Contact cleaner on each gasket from left and right side (RPM dropped after few seconds, then stabilized). Then I repeated this step (RPM again dropped after few seconds, then stabilized). Then I abundantly sprayed Non Flammable CRC Brake Cleaner (red can) on each gasket from left and right side (and at this step it did not affected RPM at all). Then I abundantly sprayed CRC Non Chlorinated brake cleaner (green can) on each gasket from left and right side (again, no RPM reaction). Then I sprayed again CRC QD Contact cleaner on each gasket from left and right side (no RPM reaction).

So you can just follow my steps if you have similar issue, it will probably solve error 34.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 10-06-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Inactive
    So now I see what happened. It looks like when I sprayed the cleaner solutions on the intake seals it lubricated them, or activated surface energy, or something else and helped slided down completely to the place under clamping force of brackets and vibrations.

disclaimer: i believe the lead singer is a tranny!

Last edited by user_deleted; 10-06-2017 at 03:32 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That made my day.... good stuff.

This site never disappoints.....

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast