Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to buy IAC

Just bought a complete throttle body for $100

Ok, I fixed my problem, and just to document it. Since I didn't find a single thread about the 34 code that had a result.

I was getting a code 34 for IAC position too low. Turns out I had an intake seal leak. To recap my issue originally was a sporadic idle and wanting to die on startup, once warmed up it ran a little better. Then I replaced the intake seals, after that is when I started to get the code and was maybe a little worse idle than before. I tried with no results, a new IAC, a new ECU, ohmed the wires, and checked for shorts. I finally replaced the intake seals a second time, taking more time to make sure they were right, and that fixed the problem all together,

In short, code 34 "IAC position too low" replace the intake seals.

Oh man that sounds expensive.;)

Yeah, but now I have more spare parts, so I don't mind.

Thank You for your troubleshooting diagnostic. Looks like I'm in the same boat. All my symptoms pointed to an intake leak. Replaced the seals with New James seals and Sil-Glyde.
    The old seals looked good... The symptoms kinda only changed a lil... Still boggy and slow and not crisp off idle. Now I'm getting the IAC too low CEL. Btw this is on an '09 xb12r.

I am going to use Hylomar sealant when I put a second set of seals in... This is what Mike Cobb told me to use.

Ten ****ing letters

Banned
    I had code 34 on 2009 Bell XB and similar idle issue after cleaning the intake body and replacing all seals. After application Seafoam there are no engine check light and idle issues anymore.

You know that works better than seafoam! This new magic wand I just got. It fixes flat tires, blown headlights, blown fuses even locked up engines. I got it in Harry Potter land.

Ahhhh the old magic wand. Mine doesn't work so well, I got mine at harbor freight though so its probably Chinese junk. Maybe ill just retire it and use it as a pry bar.

They do make great pry bars! You really need to get it at Harry Potter land, all that stuff is real.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast