Thread: Ecmspy Help

Hey guys, I've been reading the forum for a long time now, but just made myself known!
    So I'm having some issues tuning with Ecmspy. I download the 2009xb12r custom .txt file and I get an error when trying to convert it using ecmspy. The stock 2009 converted just fine. So I opened the custom and deleted all the blank spaces at the end, and formated it just like the stock txt file. And still no luck. Any suggestions?

Tuner Pro.

I'd agree. With a 2009 you would be better off using tuner pro. I prefer using ECMRead to fetch and burn maps and tunerpro to edit.

There are some great how to write ups on how to do this.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

Supertoaster, did you get my pm?

Good evening everyone,

I have read through a ton of forums on ECMSPY issues and I still haven't found a solution. I have an 07 FB XB12R, windows 10, ECMSPY and cable. I am trying to get ECMSPY to connect to the motorcycle. I downloaded cable drivers (the light on the cable blinks so I assume its working), the device manager states the device is working, and still no connection. I have turned the ignition on, flipped the kill switch to on, opened ECMSPY, selected PORT 3 (only one available), selected auto-detect, and it still says that there is no connection. I went through the ECM user manual which didn't help with connection issues. I changed the ports under advanced settings and it wouldn't read any port at all so I changed it back to 3. Port 3 was the only port that popped up so I use that one. I did get the com to establish, but there was no reaction to ECMSPY when I blipped the throttle, so I assume that there was still no connection, despite it saying that there was. I started the bike as well, but no readings showed up. I am really only trying to do a TPS reset to see if I can stabilize some idling issues. Adjusting the idle bolt didn't resolve the issue. The idling issues are that the bike "pops" to some extent and at times the engine is sluggish. When I stop at a light the bike rests at 2000 RPM and goes away if I put it in gear and let the transmission engage slightly. I originally unscrewed the bolt almost all of the way out and worked back in from there until it was at about 1050-1100 RPMs. After adjusting the idle, the condition returned. I wanted to connect ECMSPY to see if there was something that stood out, or just to reset the TPS. Brand new cable bought on Amazon, the connectors look fine, but I probably need to test the wires or check to see of they are making a full connection, but I have assumed they are. Sorry for the long message but I wanted to provide others with the steps that I have taken to try to resolve the issue. This is my 3rd Buell and its the first one that I have had issues with. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeremy

Did you click the keys button to connect to the bike?

If so, you probably need the correct driver.