Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: that $800 went quick

The leaf blower is a nice touch.

I put my bike up on stands by my lonesome all the time. I approach the bike from the right side, line up the rear stand, make sure the front wheel is straight, rach over the passenger seat and hold the subframe firmly, reach down with my left and push down on the rear stand lever as I pull the bike upright with my right arm. Taking it off the stand is a bit trickier but basically the same principal. Just make sure when you put the bike down in the kickstand you pull it backwards a bit as you lean it over as to insure proper kickstand deployment.

It's an acquired science but I have a slight advantage due to my spider monkey arms.

I HATE THE CLUTCH CABLE ROUTING. I take the front stand very slowly to make sure I don't accidentally crush my line. I'll often zip toe it out of the way just to be safe.
    Last edited by heagachongoose; 08-09-2015 at 05:42 PM.

yeah, I am going to a local hose shop I used to work at and get the owner to let me make a custom length SS braided line for the clutch hydraulics so I can route it better. When I get a price I'll shoot you a text and pic's of what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post
    That is a really nice set up you have there. Might have to invest in some of those wall mounts. At $25 a piece I think it's worth spending the money just to be sure they fit. Especially after spending what I did in the first place on the stand.
    Thanks. It was money well spent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    nice setup qutrn10.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by heagachongoose View Post
    The leaf blower is a nice touch.
    Lol. It was given to me by my dad (who lives 15 minutes away). I'm in an apartment and have no use for a leaf blower, but I'm kind of stuck with it. When I pick up the Translucent Orange plastics and need another shelf, I'll move the blower to the other garage. For now it's just out of the way.

+1 on using the stands solo. I put the bike up and down on the stands with no problem. If anyone has trouble doing it, I'd suggest going to YouTube - there are a ton of videos showing how to do it. You might pick up a technique that helps.

Cool. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234