Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: that $800 went quick

1125 swingarms are VERY wide compared to most bikes. Id be surprised if it clears. You could always spread it though. I had to do that with my spare stand.

Not very impressed with T-Rex as a company. I have contacted them twice by phone, and sent three emails with no response/reply. When I call, I ask to speak to someone in customer service about ordering stand for my 1125. They take my name and phone number and say they will have someone call me back. Been a week form the first call and three days since the second. No call. I have sent them emails via their website and via their ebay store site, no response. Gave up and purchased another brand. I'll modify the new set if I don't think they will be robust enough. I tried to buy a set of the T-Rex stands.

Super happy with the Pitbull stands. Adjustable for multiple bikes, looks good, strong, and although more expensive than most other stands they're not an arm and a leg to buy.

received my oil filters, the oil filter cover gaskets and crush washers I was shorted, the new brake pads front and rear (thanks Lunatic Fringe) today.

met with forum member hegachongoose yesterday to swap some parts. Ended up eating lunch together and discussing the paths we are taking with the mods to our bikes. Goose is a great guy and his bike is going to be awesome. Glad he is okay after his meeting with the dragon. His bike is running again and he is just finishing up some bodywork. Good people on this forum. Enjoyed the lunch and the conversation. Good times.

^^ Dont listen to him. Heagachongoose is a prick. Lol. But seriously, it was good to see you again, had a good time just chilling and shooting the ****. Hopefully next time we meet up I'll be on two wheels!

update. The stands I bought off ebay were some Chinese knock-offs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252007340285...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The rear was 2" to narrow to fit my spools on the swing arm. Took the rear stand to work and re-contoured the bends with the help of a rose bud torch and some ratcheting tie down straps. Works fine now. I thought I would have to modify the front because of the front fender clearance, but it fit fine. The clutch hydraulic line is clamped very close to the head pin lift point. May modify just for peace of mind. Stands will work for now. Rear is definitely a two person deal though. At least now I can pull the wheels and put on my new brakes front and rear, have the front tire changed ($40 cheaper if I just bring in the wheel). Decided while I have the wheels off I might as well change the wheels bearing all the way around. Ordered a set of All Balls from Lunatic. Will do the oil change and brake fluid flush while I am at it. Hopefully all in one day.

For anyone that looks into the Pitbull products, they make wall mounts for their stands. They are $20 or $25 a piece, but really well made. I imagine you could hang other brands' stands from the mounts, but can't say for sure. It helps keep the garage tidy, and in my case matches my Pitbull tire tree perfectly. Love it!

That is a really nice set up you have there. Might have to invest in some of those wall mounts. At $25 a piece I think it's worth spending the money just to be sure they fit. Especially after spending what I did in the first place on the stand.
    Last edited by BambamXB12r; 08-09-2015 at 11:21 AM.

nice setup qutrn10.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast