Thread: Clutch adjust

Clutch adjust

I adjusted my clutch per the service manual, but this thing still releases within the last 1/2" or so, I'd like it to be more mid way in releasing the lever. What is the proper way to adjust this?

If you followed the service manual then that's about it. The actual clutch should be adjusted properly. I'm pretty sure my clutch releases just as your does.
    The only other thing you can do is adjust the lever travel itself. Use circular adjuster on your lever for that. Or purchase aftermarket levers that have a wider range of adjustability.
    That's about all I can think of. Maybe someone else will have a better idea...

Adjustable levers in the mail. Hopefully those work.

1/4 turn or less clockwise more than where you are and it will shorten the release till the clutch engages. I would turn it to the next spot the spring lock fits back in. Adjustable levers are only going to adjust how far the lever is from the bar, not clutch engagement point.
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 07-28-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Inactive
    what jesse said above. instead of full out till you feel slight resistance then in 1/2 turn....try 1/4. also keep in mind that a clutch pack that continues to "drag" regardless of lubricant used or adjustments made....and a clutch that continually engages at the last 1/4 of the lever throw are all signs of a clutch pack on the way to clutchpack heaven.

1/4 turn out fron stop was perfect, grabs about halfway through lever movement now. MUCH better