Thread: Charging issues yet again

Angry Charging issues yet again

On the way to work today the check engine light came on..I think no biggy a lot of sensors I'll check the codes when I get in. So half way there the battery light comes on. I toggle to voltage and it's slowly dropping. WTF! charge up the battery and it seems to start charging again, so I try the 20 mile ride home and it start's out good and then goes to bad. last time it showed a reading before it showed system voltage error it was 8.5 volts. Made it home and started going through the testing procedure per the Roadstercycle video. Here is what I got.

0-0-0 pos lead on meter to pos on regulator negative to stator leads 1,2,3

.407-.417.417 pos lead on meter to negative on regulator to stator leads 1,2,3

1.273-1.280-1.277 neg lead on meter to pos on regulator, pos lead from meter to stator leads 1,2,3

0-0-0 neg lead on meter to neg on regulator, pos lead from meter to stator leads 1,2,3

In the video his readings were similar for the 2 middle lines on the diode check. Mine not so much.

I put in the CE605SB regulator, new stator and oiling rotor last summer.

My stator reads .4 for all 3 phases. The manual states 0.1 to 0.3 I figure mine is a Ricks Cycle stator so it might be off a little. At 3000 rpm I am getting 42-44 volts ac manual states should be 45-50, but I figure close enough as its not stock. I'm leaning towards the regulator, but I am waiting to hear back from Jack at Roadster Cycles. Up to today I have always had 14.4v. Anyone else have any issues with this setup?

Just a thought, can you warm the engine up then test the stator?

Those were warm readings. I tested it shortly after I got home.