Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need guidance (left airscoop removal related)

I had no idea they changed the bottom of the scoop like they did on the newer models. It hides more of the motor and you would think in traffic it would get hotter.

I totally agree with that and i much prefer the look of the old one and was going to change mine but there is no slack in the wiring so no other place to hide it without a lot of work! I wondered if they did it to flow more air in the right place when you are moving or if it was just to cover the wiring?

I promised pictures of the cables/scoop:

I was able to pop the first "mount" off and that allowed plenty of access to change the plugs...glad that's done!

New clutch inspection cover on today (did an adjustment all around at the same time, of course). Just a few more small things to do (and new tires) and she'll be ready to go when I heal.

Well done mate you are getting there then and it will be so good when its done! "when you heal" did you fall off then? sorry to be a nosey bastard! lol

Very fine patch of sand on the road (Sheriff found it - didn't even cite me as she said there was nothing I could have done) - washed out the front end three weeks ago. No way to see it, and I didn't even get a vote. In a mild right turn, front tire washed left and then the bike righted itself quickly...throwing me high side to the left. All over in less than a second. Smashed left collarbone (requiring surgery) and two ribs broken. Broke the fall with my face...GREAT helmet...not a single head or neck injury. Rest of the gear did fine as well. I had axle and case sliders, so the damage wasn't that bad - I'm fixing it one handed and slowly as I heal. Not happy with not even being given the chance to put a control input in before being on the ground....oh well.

Mate thats a bummer sorry to hear all that and i hope you do heal up real soon! Its mind blowing just how fast it can all get out of shape, hitting sand (never done) sounds just as bad as hitting diesel (have done) and i doubt any input from you could have made much difference in that case so dont feel bad! Good luck with getting you and your bike fixed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123