Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress on hella headlights

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...adlamp-module/

all factory spec's for your lights. On lower right side of webpage is the accessory connector sets that you can purchase from them

http://infopart.org/hella-8kw744806801-part

this has the shutter connector with the cross over numbers/manufactures

the Hella website above has this connector for the ballast

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-156151807

this is the bulb connector

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-158175807

thx logix, i had actually looked at that but (call me stupid) i dont understand which accessory is for what:

I have the bihalogen not bixenon, so no ballast. So I believe I need the H9 bulb plug and the connector set 2 pin superseal for shutter, correct? And will need two of each since I have 2 lights. Then can "Y" them into one wire and solder and heat shrink to the oem wires. But then there's also the pigtail for shutter....what's that?

I might have some I can send you. You need one male plug for each bulb, no ballast, right?

But then there's also the pigtail for shutter....what's that?

that is the mating connector for the shutter with wires already attached so you can butt splice them to your harness.

Sorry, your right no xenon so no ballast connector needed.

Man I really appreciate the offer! If it works out I'll paypal you shipping. Here's a pic of the headlight connectors, I believe they are H9's. I'm a bit confused on the male/female as it would be the male (plastic) but female (metal)...

And here's the shutter connector:

I must say, even though these lights are ridiculously nice quality, they literally came with no type of instructions or any paperwork. It took me quite a while to figure out how the adjusters worked and were supposed to be assembled. Would also be nice if they came with information on the plugs. There are also some plastic plugs in the package that I have no fing clue what they are for...

thanks logix, so you think either the superseal item or the pigtail would both work for the shutter wiring? Do you think the superseal item comes with the metal tabs and all?

the first link I gave you is a distributor for Hella and it shows a picture of what is included. Yes the metal pins and sockets come with it.

hella-8kw744806801.jpg

also the link that takes you to the Hella website that has all the spec's also has the installation manual PDF in the lower left corner, but sounds like you already have it figured out.

That pic looks like 3-terminal weatherpak connectors. I believe I have the 2 terminal D-9's he needs. It's the same connector that comes in all the HID kits. I'll look tomorrow
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-04-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks guys. I know seems like I'm acting stupid but I honestly don't understand why this is so complicated. I don't necessarily trust the pictures I've found online, as cooter said above that picture appears to be a 3 prong plug, where the actual light only has 2 prong plugs...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast