Thread: Dash light out...

Last edited by Chicago; 08-11-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Inactive
    fairly easily. gain access to rear of gauge module...unplug and remove entire assembly from its mounting points. it is totally electronic so no driver cable ends to uninstall. after removal you then place it gauge side down onto soft towel atop work bench...unscrew the fasteners on back which exposes inner workings and the plug in LED bulbs. the only source i ever found for the bulbs is american sportbike though other board members might have another source. as memory serves me there are 5 clear LED bulbs for the guages themselves....then several more for the warning lights.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    Thank you sir! I didn't find them offered but will call Monday, however they have several other things to get ordered... adding to your reputation The hunt might be on for dash lights.

Picked up a diagnostic plug in device that might come in handy for peace of mind... so thanks again for the link.
    yes sir and always my pleasure. they might be automotive as well but never checked napa, etc to verify. american sportbike.com had them as of a few months ago.

Switched mine to orange LED's a while ago, there should be 3 bulbs that light up behind the gauge cluster then the warning bulbs down the right side which are a different bulb size.

I got them from https://www.superbrightleds.com/, here is my order info:

---------- PRODUCT INFORMATION ----------

Qty | Product / Options | Price/ea |
    ================================================== ==========
    3 | NEOx-xHP: NEOx LED Bulb - High Power Instrument Panel LED| $ 2.29 |
    NEO3-WHP: 3mm NEO3-xHP Cool White
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    3 | NEOx-xHP: NEOx LED Bulb - High Power Instrument Panel LED| $ 2.29 |
    NEO3-AHP: 3mm NEO3-xHP Amber

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post

It's done... here is the video for any needing to replace a 2006 firebolt instrument panel light.
    Good work if you can get it
    Thanks for the video and part number Chicago, I need to do this myself - Dan

Nice job on the video, even if they aren't exactly the same for other bikes the basics should still be the same. I also like bike number 2 in the garage, I bet you have a lot less issues with that one. A very similar one sits in my shed.

Hahaha the only Honda I own is 420 rancher 4x4 ATV for hunting. I was talking about the bicycle leaning against the wall. However you do bring up a valid point on the six pack storage area.

Inactive
    excellent video bob. job well done and appreciated by myself and board members. thanks a ton.

Nice video....thanks for that!

The video makes me glad I own a Buell ( wow ) bolts everywhere and in tight places but vid was well done. Good job.