Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pazzo levers

Pazzo levers

I know there have been a few posts about these levers already but there seem to be a lot of questions associated with them so I thought I'd clarify all in one place.

If you are considering aftermarket levers for your Buell, consider no more. Buy Pazzo, and Buy form PJ's Parts. They can get you any color combo you want and have the best price around at $149.99 shipped. http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1702

I ordered my levers through PJ's last Tuesday; within 15 minutes I received an email from them informing me that the specific colors I ordered were not in stock, but that they would get them shipped directly from the supplier. I received my levers that Friday morning. Pretty impressive for free shipping.

To clarify, these levers are a DIRECT FIT. There are no modifications or new bushings to be installed. Fit is immaculate with less slop than the factory levers (yes, with the clutch adjusted properly).

BUY [F-21/B-55] For:
    XB12 all 04-08
    XB12 X/XT (Ulysses) 2009
    XB9 all 03-09

BUY [F-14/B-55] For:
    XB12R/Ss/SCG 2009
    X1 Lightning 98-02
    S1 Lightning 97-98
    M2 Cyclone 97-02

BUY [F-14/C-777] For:
    1125R/CR 08-09

I went with black shorty levers with blue adjusters
    Pazzo 1.jpg

The levers are high quality and robust in construction. They have a very nice machined look and are anodized so will never fade. These levers feature 6-position adjusters and a return-snap dampening spring. The geometry of the levers are extremely ergonomic and increase control significantly.
    Pazzo 2.jpg

Color match? Yes sir!
    Pazzo 3.jpg

Just pic showing my forward control setup (LSL superbike bars yum)
    Pazzo 4.jpg

Install is straight forward and took less than 20 mins. Clutch side has a 10mm pivot bolt up top of the perch and a 10mm lock nut at the bottom. Brake side is a flat head bolt on top and another 10mm nut on the bottom. Just rotate the clutch lever 90 degrees and lift up to get the cable free. Reverse for install. I used silicon lubricant and some Q-tips to clean any dirt and grime out from inside the perch before installing the new levers. They are buttery smooth and feel great. *Note* Lock nuts should be snug but not over tightened. This can cause your brakes to hang and prevent the clutch from full engagement.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with this purchase. Yes, they are on the more expensive side but I can tell you they are well worth the investment, especially at the price offered on PJ's. Product quality is really top notch and the fit is even better. Beats hacking on some levers that aren't made for the bike and risking brake lockup or dragging.

If you have any questions regarding the levers themselves or install let me know.

Looks exactly like, and uses the same part numbers as the $40 Chinese ones. I bet they are the same Chinese levers.

I wonder if you're right? The finish machining is terrible.

Sorry to be a hater BuellxBandit and thanks for the detailed review But I love me some $40 disposable levers... Maybe someday when I'm rich and famous (I'm already too good looking) I'll try a high end set. Until then I'll buy 4 chinese sets for the same price and keep them on the shelf.

Canadian company, made in Canada, by Canadians, using US CNC machines. Correct me if my geography skills are lacking but I think that's a relatively large distance from China. The finish is actually smooth to the touch, I have a love for finely machined parts so I guess I like look? To each his own.

Even the machining marks are the same

I have the $30 Chinese levers and they are identical and flawless....on both my bolts. I HATE to buy Chinese but I rolled the dice and love them. If it was a small dollar difference between the two I would've bought the pazzo levers. But it is what is. I just can't justify dumping that much extra coin for identical levers.

I wonder what the requirements for "Made in Canada" or even "made in USA" really are now-a-days? It's not like there's a 100% american machine anymore.

Can a company purchase the existing CNC programs from china (so the R&D cost is nil, and why re-invent the wheel), then get a bar of 6061, press play, and claim "Made in..."?

I'll quit messing up a good review thread, Sorry...

Hey it's all good in the hood. The purpose of this thread is to aid other people in their decision making. Now they have a side by side comparison with Chinese versions and they can make up their own mind. I will say it strikes me as rather strange that many of you are concluding that Pazzos are Chinese copies. Guys.. China is the clone capital of the world. They are REALLY good at stealing patents (that don't pertain to their laws) and recreating a low-cost knock off that appears very good. Cooter you pretty much hit the nail on the head, just reverse it. The primary reason the Canadian levers are four times the cost is because it was engineers from Pazzo that put in the R&D to actually produce the product. Any Chinese machine shop with a CNC machine can now buy a single set, 3D laser scan them, and covvert it into a CAD file to mass produce. Are the Chinese levers bad? Not at all. Are they the best? Not at all. I do my best to buy from the guys who actually engineered the product. Plus, mine say "Pazzo Racing" on them so that's good for at least 15BHP right?

20hp, If they came with a sticker too

Good to see you back cooter it was much too quiet around here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast