Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Integrated CR Headlight

Electronics Cram

The Radiantz Z-Flex Array Lights will not be here until Tuesday, Nov 2.
    They will have the dual element circuit attached to them so they can function as both running lights and turn signals

The Chrome Glow Weatherproof On/Off Switches should be here around Thursday, Nov 5.
    There are 4 of them which I plan to use as configuration switches. Each switch will have the followings functions: Low Beam ON/OFF, Running On/Off, Angel Eye ON/OFF, Devil Eye ON/OFF. I want the headlight to automatically come on with the ignition in the last settings I had when the bike was shut off.

The additional inverter ballast should be here Monday, Nov 9.
    Currently the same ballast turns both the Angel Eye and Devil Eye on and off at the same time. I want to control them separately. So I ordered another ballast.

I also ordered a Beuler BUT08TD Time Delay Relay.
    I'm concerned about ruining the ballast during engine cranking. This time delay relay allows me to program how long after the bike starts before the headlight comes on. It's cool because it replaces the existing relay in the harness. I know I could just turn the headlight off before cranking. But I want everything automatic.

So final assembly isn't for another couple of weeks or so.

Photo Oct 30, 10 45 10 PM.jpg

However I have started cramming some electronics in. The CCFL module and another one have been Velcroed to the back of the mounting plate. I still have the wiring harness yet to shove there. But there is plenty of room for it.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 11-02-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Beuler BU-508TD Time Delay Relay

I ordered this because I was concerned about ruining the ballast during engine cranking. However I ordered the wrong part. This timer will shut the light OFF after a set time. I wanted them to come ON after a set time. So this thing isn't going to work for me. I'll be on the hunt for something that will work.

Chrome Glow Weatherproof On/Off Switches

I just got done mounting the Chrome Glow Weatherproof On/Off switches. These will be the configuration switches to control the head light, running lights, angel eye, devil eye status.

Photo Nov 06, 11 02 57 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 06, 11 03 05 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 06, 11 08 33 PM.jpg

They are mounted at the 1" and 2" down marks. The holes are 3/8". Once the project is done they will be visible unless you look under the handlebars for them. But I will be able to feel them even with gloves on.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 11-07-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Radiantz Z-Flex LED Lights

The Radiantz Z-Flex LED lights with the dual element circuits are installed and ready.

Photo Nov 06, 11 31 38 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 06, 11 41 32 PM.jpg

The dual element circuit allows them to function as both running lights and turn signals.

Reassembly

The whole mess has been reassembled.

Photo Nov 07, 1 14 37 AM.jpgPhoto Nov 07, 1 12 47 AM.jpgPhoto Nov 07, 1 12 35 AM.jpg

Each light has been checked to ensure it works. All I have left now is to wire up switches.

Ready to Install

She's all buttoned up ready to install. Here's some pictures of the lighting test.

IMG_0132.jpgIMG_0133.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0135.jpgIMG_0136.jpg

I didn't include pictures of the high & low beam.

That looks really good and a really detailed write up.

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post
    That looks really good and a really detailed write up.
    Thanks a lot. I just finished installing it on the XB.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work. Looks great

Lots of hard work put in here: nice work, SEXT9. I've wanted to retro some HIDs into my CR (but go dual projector Morimoto minis, whatever would fit), but the replacement CR headlights to mess with are no cheap ticket! Some day. Thanks for posting it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast