Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Tires, what are you using?

I’ve been running Dunlop Q3’s. Have about 3k on my current set and they’re still looking great. Ride it like I stole it, have dragged knee and never lost grip yet. Definitely will be buying again.

I am on a 09 Uly and an 07 Tiger 1050 and know first hand the pilot Road 4's are what they are billed to be, but do not like the way they seem to push back when diving in the corners? Wish there was a tire that had the overall traction of RP 4's but cornered better. Is there a do it all tire, 2 up, commuting, thrashing on the weekends, and trips to Arkansas specifically for riding. Think I need a street tire and not a touring tire, as my experience with the PR 4 GT tire is that it pushes back even more than the standard version and traction is not nearly as good with no comfort. Limited experience with touring tires but maybe there are some out there that will work like the Angel ST's, Dunlop Road Smart's, Bridgestone Battle Axe's, etc..

I'm running the Metzeler Sportec M7rr's on my XB9SX have had them for about 1500 miles and they do the job very well in comparison to the stock Pirelli's which were crap. The M7rr's seem stiffer and take a little longer to warm up but once they are warm they stick to the road. I can only hope they will last as long as or longer then the rubber but we will see as the miles climb.

Dead thread redemption!

Now running Conti Sport Attack 2's on the XB, Pro Pilots (3 I think) on the S3T and Metzler 880's on the Sportster.

Those Conti's stick like glue on the corners. I get about 3k out of them (on my 4th set since owning the bike, but had a couple of nails). They break in quickly due to the manufacturing process. Not as much mold release and a rough texture help. I had the Conti Road Attack 2's on the S3T, but they wore out quick, especially in the middle, so I went back to the Pro Pilots. Not as sticky as the Conti's, but still confidence inspiring. The Metzler's on the sporty wear OK, but if I get on it, the 101TQ burns through the back tire.

Michy's Pilots here as well.. I'm a cheap ass and didn't buy them, but they came on the bike and feel great. Under a thousand miles on em, but they've seen, rain, dry, dirt, gravel... Work really well.

Banned
    If you ride in the rain you have to look on wide rear wheel with fat tire. Fat tires perform better in the rain than narrow tires, far tires are also much smoother than conventional narrow tires.

I bet money that water sipes and tread pattern will have more of a effect on wet weather grip than some stupid oversized rear tire putting down a bigger contact patch to hydroplane on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    I bet money that water sipes and tread pattern will have more of a effect on wet weather grip than some stupid oversized rear tire putting down a bigger contact patch to hydroplane on!!!
    +1 on that! Where the hell did you come up with that b.s., TbAg? I've been running pirelli Angel st for awhile, great rain grip and stability no fear of passing on the interstate in a down pour.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    If you ride in the rain you have to look on wide rear wheel with fat tire. Fat tires perform better in the rain than narrow tires, far tires are also much smoother than conventional narrow tires.

you'll never cease to amaze me with the garbage and BS that you spew on here. and i've come to the realization you're so delusional that you actually believe this nonsense that you like to gift-wrap with techno-engineer-jibberish. my only hope is that some poor unsuspecting soul on here doesn't take any of your advice and get themselves killed in the process.

Fat Tire - performs equally well in dry and wet conditions, give it a try...
    fat tire.jpg

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast