Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires, what are you using?

I have used Pirelli Diablo (the basic models) and was happy with them.. until I tried the Bridgestone S20's. The Pirelli's gave me good handling and decent wear, but a couple of scares and didn't do real well at trackday. So far I am really happy with the Bridgestones and they were about the same cost, plus when I bought them they had a $50 giftcard deal going on. That is why I chose the Bridgestones over the Dunlop Q3's that everyone seems to be running these days.

I am just over 7k on the original Pirelli and I am thinking I may need a new set next season. Found a set of Pirelli Diablo Supersport for 183 shipped brand new. Is this a good price? Should I go with a different set? 1st bike and never tried anything else. Thoughts?

I have been buying Dunlop motorcycle tires exclusively for 40 years and they have never let me down. I have Q2's on my Firebolt, Roadsmart II's on my Thunderbolt and American Elites on my ElectraGlide.

I'm on my 3rd rear and second front Diablo street and they hold nice in the corners. I get about 2k miles of great proformance and 1k commuter miles out of the rear. I'll be going with the higher end Pirellis next time.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    I have a 09 12r with 3800 miles, still have the original tires on it, looking for new tires. Any recommendations?
    hey dave: see link below. CA has sale going on and just ordered in 2 sets of these this morning. if you're looking for a really good deal on a quality name brand tire and are price conscious these are tough to beat. just a suggestion for ya.

http://www.compacc.com/p/continental...ckage-specials

John - that's an amazing deal on a great tire. Kinda wish I didn't already have the next set of mine at home....
    Last edited by vicenzajay; 12-02-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: misspelling

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    John - that's an amazing deal on a great tire. Kinda wish I didn't already have the net set of mine at home....
    thought so as well jay and i'm not brand partial so thought it was a screaming good deal. i know they had them listed as "sport-touring" tires but since i don't know the difference thought i'd get 2 sets for 2 of my XB's needing tires.

Inactive
    John, thanks for the heads up but all the "me" spending is on hold till after the holidays.
    dave: i know things get tight financially this time of year. i would be happy to order up a pair of these tires for you and hold them here till you get the funds gathered up after the holidays. happy to do that for you if that helps as i don't know how long the sale lasts. let me know if you want me to do that.

I have used Pirelli Diablo (the basic models) and was happy with them.. until I tried the Bridgestone S20's. The Pirelli's gave me good handling and decent wear, but a couple of scares and didn't do real well at trackday. So far I am really happy with the Bridgestones and they were about the same cost, plus when I bought them they had a $50 giftcard deal going on. That is why I chose the Bridgestones over the Dunlop Q3's that everyone seems to be running these days.
    I have the S20 evos now as well. I just missed the rebate deadline but still got them shipped to me for $196 or something like that. I have been using the q3's almost exclusively for the last few years. The s20's were cheaper ($10 lol) and comparitively capable so I decided it was time to switch it up a bit.

I was getting 1200-2k miles out of a set of q3's though. I flogged the hell out of them. We'll see how the stones hold up.

Looking for something with a bit more life? Look into the Bridgestone t30's. Great tire. Plenty of stick for the road and plenty of life. I'll probably get another set for the XB come spring. May go with the PR's though. I've heard great things about them.

Inactive
    WOW, thanks for the offer John!!! But for now Im going to hold off, but I most likely will take you up on the mount and balance offer when I change them out, Im running my 1st set of conti on my 04 flhpi, I have about 2000 miles on them now and seem to be holding up good, so no complains here on conti tires, THANKS AGAIN!!!
    my pleasure dave. happy to change them out and balance for you when the time comes.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast