Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess I'm going 88" next year

No, I got 28 HP on the stock bottom end with NRHS CAT3 cams, 1250 kit with 10* pistons, and headwork. I should make more with the current setup once it's tuned in, as I have slightly different porting, different pistons with much more compression, and NRHS CAT4 cams.
    I haven't touched the crank on the Uly motor yet, probably never will. It's solid even with 74,000 miles on the bottom end. I'll pull the motor at some point to replace it with the big bore motor I'm building in these cases.

Sorry, I should clarify that the middle link is actually changes I made after the initial build in the first link. I originally had 1.840" intake valves in my headwork for example, and I switched to 1.900" intake valves in the second link, among other changes.

Yeah, I just read through the links and discovered all that you have done to the motor.
    Now I have a much better understanding of why you've suggested different things for Gloomshadow's build.
    Nice work BTW.
    Pretty awesome that Dan lets you wrench and experiment on your bike at the shop! Talk about a perk!
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 11-27-2015 at 09:19 AM.

my build is just going to be straight up stock 1203 stock though only thing I am going to do it put new bearings on that crank while its out just to be sure about that 2007 .. I got a local guy that can do it. That's on hold now anyway.. my dad showed up a few days ago and gave me his 1971 Honda Ct70 all stock original and he was the original owner. It was the first bike I ever rode on at age 6.. I gotta resto mod it. I'm going to build it into a "monkey bike" A 160cc Piranha motor is only about 400 and suspension , brakes and wheels are are going to cost me under 1000 .. but I gotta get the Honda done first. Its going to be like this.

phelan.. this crank and pistons I got for my build came out of those cases you bought.. you got the other half of my engine hahah

oh wait , that link you posted is leading to this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-BUELL-L...item5425b9cdba

is that the bottom end you bought?.. My rotating assembly came out of that one..
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 11-27-2015 at 02:56 PM.

No, the cases I bought came from the Buell Racing program. They already have the cylinder spigots bored for big bore cylinders and they have a billet trap door for the transmission. Those were the two main selling points, as I otherwise I don't really need another set of cases, nothing wrong with mine.

I see my link broke. Here is the set I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-XB-Rac...-/161892491482

Man, what I wouldn't give to have had that bottom end four years ago when I built my engine. About 5k later I was splitting the cases again due to a transmission issue! That trap door is worth the price of the whole bottom end if you ask me!
    Does that bottom end require any other machining? Reason I ask is that I've seen similar ones on eBay but without the oil pump, tappet/lifter and other areas machined.

I've seen those too, but these are fully machined already. They are used cases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12