Thread: Torx bit size for rotors on an xb12r

Torx bit size for rotors on an xb12r

I need know to the torx bit size for the rotors on my xb12r. I have the parts and hardware headed here, but I cant seem to find a torx bit to fit the rotor mounting bolts! Also any advice on if I need any hardware for the calipers and pads (like in auto applications). I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Inactive
    not looking at one right now but positive they are #40 torx. the calipers front and rear are direct fit meaning no mounting hardware other than the 2 factory hex cap bolts per caliper. most replacement pads don't come with the baffle plate that affixes to rear of same. just remove baffle plate from OEM pads and reinstall on new pads. CLEAN IT THOROUGHLY prior to doing this. also recommend dot-4 and flush out the old fluid from cylinder thru caliper when doing brake service. the internals will thank you for it.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 12-17-2015 at 01:36 PM.

You need a few different sizes of Torx on these Buell's. I recommend getting a small set of Torx sockets. I bought a small cheap set from Harbor Freight years ago and it has everything I need for the Buell.