Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's it worth to the buell community? Just curious.

What's it worth to the buell community? Just curious.

Not really planning on selling my bike (I don't think)but really want to see what buell minded folks would give for it. So. ... 07 xb12x almost 12000 miles up to date maintenence. Ebr ecm, d&d, "out doors man" top and Side cases. Rss, breather re-route, stt rear shock to lower the rear 3/4", factory low seat, gpr stabilizer.
    Please feel free to give me some legit numbers in a hypothetical world that you're looking for a uly.

20150904_074436.jpg

20150905_152557.jpg
    Could upload more pics. .. but you get the idear
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-07-2016 at 11:24 AM.

No "offers" damn? 20151114_142249.jpg
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-07-2016 at 04:29 PM.

I've been shopping these on CL for a parts/project bike to my Buell. I have seen some in range of miles and year go for 4K. Missed and 06 for 2.9k, no bags, and am looking at a higher mileage 06 with bags asking $3.5k. Buell bikes are pretty cheap these days.

If it was a 08-10 I might be interested, your bike should be worth $5000 easy with all the extras, I'm sure if you post it for sale on here it would go quick, just my opinion.

your bike should be worth $5000 easy with all the extras,
    man id hope at least that... its crazy how little my ULY is likely worth compared to whats invested! Well keep the (hypothetical) offers coming fellas, dont think i could ever sell it for less than 6000, i honestly dont know if i could ever bring myself to sell it... it is tough around here CHi-town, i know buell guys like a bargain so its a hard sale round here!! oh well, another pic....
    2014-08-30 07.49.09.jpg

It's my experience that the forums for each specific bike type will always have the best deals and the most honest pricing. They have the most knowledgeable, biggest fan-base for the type of bike. The members will chime in if someone is way out of market/reality.

If you want top dollar for your ride try e-bay, or god-forbid even craigslist. You will reach a much bigger audience, even though they are usually broke-ass idiots

Ron Earp is right, I believe that Buells are currently way undervalued. Blame what you want, bad press, uninformed people, niche bike... whatever. I like them and buy them cheap, knowing the re-sale will be cheap too. It's worth it for me

It's a really nice Uly. How expensive is it too keep? You can make excuses to ride it, or you can make excuses not too Plan a trip, and go!

I can't believe it - there's an 08 decked out XT (GPS, Madstad, etc) on CList in my area for $3500. Granted, it has 45,000 on the odo, but I paid SO DAMN much for my 09 about a year ago (2X that 08 $3500 price tag, though only 3,500 on the odo), that I can't imagine EVER selling it for any kind of "profit". I bought it because I wanted it, and the fact that I was getting what I really wanted was worth some extra, non-refundable funds. I had sold my 06 Uly in favor of an 09 Ss and immediately missed the comfort of that 06 X. I told myself if I ever found an 09+ UlyX w/low miles I'd try to go for it. Wouldn't you know it, about two months later I found it. If you love your Uly, you'll probably miss the hell out of it as soon as it's gone. Yours has a pretty unique paint job too..There's nothing else like them out there. Don't sell because you're looking to land in the black on your investment. Sell only because you need the money. That's my vibe, at least. Good luck with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    but in here can be kinda tough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw
    yeah a lot of aholes "in here"

I do love my uly, (especially out on the highway), I've been considering a harley bagger,as a second bike actually. Wife thinks two bikes is silly, but I tried to explain to her that unloading the uly was ignorant, as it's cash value is much lower than its"rider"value. And so far you all seem to agree. But still, more opinions welcome please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast