Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planning XC trip on my Uly

Belt may need it, mines at 11400 miles and looks a bit haggard. Will be replacing it as soon as it shows up at harley dealer, same with wheel bearings and plug wires. Bought them all from harley, right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    to each his own but seeing as how your bike only has 11,500 miles on it would be highly unlikely that you need front mount insulator, new rotors, new drive belt. if the lever and pedal do not pulse under braking the rotors are fine. visual inspection of the drive belt for cracking or fraying threads confirms if it needs replaced. highly unlikely @ 11,500. i would definitely flush F&R brake systems and refill with dot-4 and replace the wheel bearings when installing new tires. i have bearing sets new here if needed.
    Lunatic, thanks, I'll take those bearings. Let me know how much and how to pay. I just got back from a ride up the California Coast for lunch. 72 and sunny here.
    Rotors have no pulse. Seem good to go. I flushed front brakes. Still a little vague but MUCH better. Not as good as my Lightning's brakes. Probably the pads. Belt looks ok, but I'm gonna change anyway. 10 years in the Arizona furnace worries me a little. I'll carry old one as a spare. Just a little confidence when in the middle of nowhere in Nevada, and I mean middle of nowhere.
    I think I'd like to get a cruise control of some sort. Anyone out there have a recommendation? I"m riding thru some LOOONG straightaways.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Belt may need it, mines at 11400 miles and looks a bit haggard. Will be replacing it as soon as it shows up at harley dealer, same with wheel bearings and plug wires. Bought them all from harley, right or wrong.
    Mine looked a little worn. I like my local Harley dealer in Santa Maria, I have an Ultra Classic for when the ole lady wants to ride with me, but I miss ASB already. I can't believe that their business wasn't sold to some enthusiast on the forums.

Have all necessary parts to rebuild a uly in southern md. Just for peace of mind. Also have some cool buell **** sitting around anyone can check out if they show up on an XB.

I can & have overnighted parts to several Ulysses/buell owners on trips.
    Jeff

I've thought about one of these
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/321932592229
    For cruise control. Google "go cruise" for other retailers

Ditto on the Madstadd windshield, I originally had a 20inch, now have an 18inch, I am 5'7" so the 18" works just as good for me. Actually will be getting one for my other bike, 07 Tiger.

Inactive
    just email me and i'll get you fixed up with the wheel bearing sets and pads if you need them. sell alot to board members.
    scootertrash196@yahoo.com

I have the Kako throttle lock on my Uly and it's fine, but not worth the $100+ (came on the bike, so not my personal pain at least). I think I'd maybe prefer the ones that cancel out immediately when you hit the brakes. The Kako looks really nice and blends in to the bike, though.

I have a $5 "throttle boss" or throttle palm somewhere accessible incase I do long highway runs. If you're cruising through mountains or curves they are usually in the way and could cause rider error...

I'm surprised no one said fuel pump. On my my 05 xb9sx and my 06 Uly both had fuel pumps that were bad. Other than that just changed the plugs and rear wheel bearings and was good to. Uly had 10,000 miles on it has around 30,000 on it now. I sold my xb9sx to my buddy and he just sold it with around 30k on it as well.

We both did a 2500 mile trip from south Florida to deals gap and back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast