Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Never seen this before?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    I hope that dobeck efi/tfi system isn't making your bike run dangerously lean. I could see that causing some heat related issues.
    Have you checked codes or what not with ECMspy?
    were my initial thoughts as well chickn. just for the hell of it i'd pull the front plug and take an accurate reading or have someone who knows what they're looking at take a reading. front obviously being the simplest.

good thinking... E85 will also cause the afv to go haywire (o2 cant get a reading) and run real hot and lean.. fuel boiling in the frame.. I bet that dobeck is doing something bad and causing a lean condition.

dump that gas and get rid of that dobeck and see what happens... if its good. flash a race map to the ecm and the power will come back

actually more I think about it, those guys in brasil weren't running lean, they were running real rich if memory serves.. afv was super high like 150%-160% I think it was..

looked like the o2 was telling the ecm to add a buch of fuel bc it could not get a reading off of high alcohol fuel.. they run like 40% alcohol down there.. o2 gets a bad reading and thinks its not getting fuel so it just dumps more.. the bike would bog, get hot as hell all kinds of problems. you need ecm spy cable.. see if the o2 is good, get rid of that power commander ect ect

screw it man, dump that gas and see what happens
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 02-13-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks for the responses, I'll try a few and see what happens.

Like they said it's likely the tuning causing it to run hot. It likely has nothing to do with the fuel. Take the tuner off and see how it runs.

Took this video after I got home from work once the cooling fan had kicked off fuel was still boiling in the frame the temperature was in the low eighties some stop and go traffic some highway traffic about 15 miles worth of driving. https://youtu.be/C46seSScmH8

I get no check engine light and no trouble codes with the Bluetooth reader? I don't want to unhook dobeck tfi because I don't know how to TPS reset or if I would even need to?

Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    I get no check engine light and no trouble codes with the Bluetooth reader? I don't want to unhook dobeck tfi because I don't know how to TPS reset or if I would even need to?
    should not need to I don't think... TPS is just TPS..
    hold on.. you on stock filter and pipe?

Wow I never saw gas boil.. Wish I could help, I would listen to the others and remove that plug n play system and see if it does the same thing.

it happens in brasil all day long... crap gasoline.. I suspect that thing he is running is getting the fueling incorrect

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast