Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Aftermarket levers

Same here. Mad Hornets on my M2 and wife's XB12ss. No problems.

Nice to hear a good alternative to the expensive ones. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Well documented issue on Buells even CRGs did it and ASV

I have used The2Wheels levers on hmmm... 4 of my bikes over the years (That would make something around 30k miles) and I have no bad word about them. I DONT have them on my Buell yet. But even the price is low, they are good quality.

It's not a The2Wheels lever issue. It a BUELL and aftermarket lever issue. At least it used to be.
    I'm sure there's some old stock around that still does it though. The key is to install anything with care and attention. Slapping on parts, especially aftermarket parts and blindly expecting them to work perfectly is a danger.

I just bought the ones from MadHornets.com and tried to install them, wouldn't suggest buying them. The brake lever needs to be remilled and the clutch cable doesn't line up right with the groove for the clutch cable to go into.

Maybe an isolated situation, but not worth the wait from China or stress.

Does anyone know the tolerances for what an aftermarket lever should be in between? At what measurement would it activate the brake master cylinder?

I have had great luck with fitment and usage with ASV C5 Sport Levers on all my Buells even on my EBR. I get them from Revzilla. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ch-lever-buell

Just make sure that when you install any levers, that they don't compress the master cylinder as you install them.

Thanks fellas for the advice on levers , was ready to order a cheap pair for my xb12ss after reading the warnings, I will look out for the gap that was mentioned. What size gap should I be shooting for ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast