Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to me Ulysses and new to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RevrdMark View Post
    Made my first long-ish ride on the Uly to Seattle and back.

I ended up riding in some rain and fog (in Seattle... who knew!! lol) anyway the two little headlights don't put out a lot of light so i have ordered some running/fog lights to mount up as well. I had a couple questions for any of you who have done similar things.
    1) I'm toying with the idea of putting dual bulbs in the existing headlights so that its both lights on for low and both for High. Have any of you done this? its seems like a pretty easy wiring mod. My concern is heat in the enclosed lenses.
    2) i was looking through the PO's reciepts and it looks like the R/R and Stator has been replaced. It was done at a Harley dealer so i assume it was replaced with stock. I have replaced a R/R on my speed triple with the three stage one and this seem like a much easier process on the Uly. I will probably do it sooner rather than later so i dont get stranded somewhere. Is there anything i should know before i get into it?
    3) Finally with the added power draw to the running lights and i possible stock head light upgrade and having a GPS or cell phone charger or what ever i add, does the stock power system keep up, or should i look at maybe a more powerful battery?

Thanks for any info
    There is a hack for running both headlights. It's on this forum I believe. Search headlight hack or something similar...

Continental TKC70's 70/30 tires. Great handling and mileage on road and off on my Triumph Explorer. That's what I'll be putting on my Ully next change.

Yeah I ran Amo Cases years ago... Man... They Hurt! Destroying you and Bike if and when 'it 'happens..? But its up to you.

Cooter coming through with that fire today!

Thanks Lowkey

Is it OK to yell "MOVIE!" in a crowded firehouse??

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thanks Lowkey

Is it OK to yell "MOVIE!" in a crowded firehouse??
    Does not compute... On a related note, it is 66 degrees in Bullhead so I'm going to do a decent ride today!

I ended up riding in some rain and fog (in Seattle... who knew!! lol) anyway the two little headlights don't put out a lot of light so i have ordered some running/fog lights to mount up as well. I had a couple questions for any of you who have done similar things.
    i did some last year. Only one night ride with them. They don't project long distances well, but sure light up nearby and the shoulder. Also make the bike waaayy more visible!

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...driving+lights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123