Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: transmission question

Did you not read one of jetlee's responses to one of your dozen threads concerning the same issue? He says you can replace those pins. WITHOUT dropping the engine and splitting the cases.
    From what I have read jetlee has some great blast knowledge.
    BTW I think that once you buy the tools, parts and gaskets needed to perform a transmission rebuild/total engine overhaul you'll probably be better off just finding a used engine on eBay and saving your current one for spare parts.

Also, if you have a service manual and are good at following step by step instructions NOTHING about tearing down a Buell engine is too difficult.
    This is all just my opinion. But I would try replacing the detent plate and pins first. IF that doesn't work out then weigh your options on a rebuild or used engine. You do what you want. It's your bike.

Replace the pins first. Bending a shift fork is incredibly difficult in these Harley-based transmissions; not impossible, but rare.

Replace the pins and see how it shifts.

To answer your question, dropping the engine is 4 bolts. Replacing trans parts will be more expensive than buying a parted-out motor/trans.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed117 View Post
    Is there a way to get to the transmission with out taken the jug off I know some engines you can and I'm looken at my buell at this exact moment and rather new to working on this bike so no smart ass replays pleas .
    four tips for you:
    1-activate your spell-check.
    2-consider an english composition 101 night class that specifically addresses punctuation.
    3-one post per problem. posting identical problem in separate posts clutters the board.
    4-required to be a board member for longer than 6 DAYS before issuing warnings on who can respond and the language used.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-07-2016 at 02:25 PM.

OK i was up really late and had a lot question I just wanted to fix my vike and when i asked firat qurstion 20 people look at it but wont even responed ,second my phones spell cheak doesnt work ,and thirdly i dont care if you dont like that i dont want rude resonses because first thing i ever poset on here i got some smart a** answer and not a bit of it was helpful so if I want a child's answer I'll ask my little brother the question ,fourthly everyone tells me the pins just come out well how do I pull them out if they snapped off flush no pliers or anything can grab the ,all I'm asking help and no I don't own a manual I'm waiting on mine to come in the mail

And you want talk about language asshole I'm dislexic and ADHD so no I don't speel good but thanks for being a jerk Mr perfect .

Sorry to all the other people didn't mean to flood the form just had a lot of questions ,and sorry if I seem like an ass this the second time lunatic been an ass for no reason with no help at all besides look at the manual and all that tells me is he has no idea on my questions but thinks hes cool tool be an ass so it pissed me off ,but thank you all the rest who are trying to help .

Manuals can be downloaded for free from http://BuellMods.com

Thanks jetlee do know where to buy new pins once I get the broken ones out ?

Use the Parts Manual to get the part# and then order from your favorite Harley dealer. Don't mention it's for Buell, just order by the number.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed117 View Post
    Sorry to all the other people didn't mean to flood the form just had a lot of questions ,and sorry if I seem like an ass this the second time lunatic been an ass for no reason with no help at all besides look at the manual and all that tells me is he has no idea on my questions but thinks hes cool tool be an ass so it pissed me off ,but thank you all the rest who are trying to help .
    Speedy
    If you want people to cater to your "disabilities" then disclose such disabilities before opening your ignorant and lazy mouth.
    John is a senior member that knows more about Buells then you could beg people to spoon feed to you all day long!
    You seriously need to do a bit more research.
    Had you done any you wouldn't have posted a thousand posts on the same subject or gone off on the one guy that would have probably been an asset to your parts need.
    Lunatic(John) is a dealer and supplies numerous members not just with technical assistance but also with cheap parts.

The point numerous members, myself included, are trying to make is that a lot of your answers can easily be found in a manual of where you've already been directed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast