Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to polish marks from instrument cluster face

Ok thanks mate i thought that was the case and i will get some of that for my dash, headlights etc etc because you never know when a scuff/scratch may happen!

Update:
    This stuff - Meguiar's PlastX - worked really well and very easy to use. Just follow the instructions.
    I took the best close up shot I could get of the dash face. It shows the odd speck of dust/fluff, get rid one some then others appear. Arggh! Oh well.

P1250561a.jpg

The small white blotches on the lens, that you may be able to see on the earlier shot, are now all completely gone. It's as good as show room appearance again. Well, that's what I'm seeing anyway!
    The blotches were really pissing me off, because the 1125CR is pretty close to immaculate condition other than these blotches. So I'm stoked!!
    I also have an XB12S. It's dash face is very good, but may also need this treatment given time. Will also post on that if I do.
    Hope this info may be useful info to someone with a similar issue!
    Last edited by au-rora; 04-27-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Yeah well done mate all this kind of stuff is really useful to know and saves a LOT of experimenting with other stuff! I am getting some for stock!

I have polished clear plastics with toothpaste and it works great. Some toothpastes have tiny polishing particles in them. Polishes even soft glass if its not badly beaten

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123