Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: next new bike. EBR? nope. tuono? nope. or s1000r? nope, not that either.

next new bike. EBR? nope. tuono? nope. or s1000r? nope, not that either.

I'm buying my next new or used bike soon. I rode the BMW s1000r Thursday. Holy **** is it awesome. I haven't rode the others yet. I assume they are also awesome. Tuono has been bike of the year many times. EBR seems like a great bike. Never seen one tho. Around here BMW and tuono have dealer support within 2 hours. EBR updated me and their only dealer right now is in WI. I can get the 2014 EBR, no warranty, new for 10k$ or less, 2016 new for about 14k$ shipped, not sure of that warranty. S1000r used 12500$ new 13k$ to 15 k$. 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. Or the tuono new 2014 or 2015 about 11k$ to 13k$ 2 year warranty. Biggest advantage on the s1000r is cruise control built into handle. Others would have to have a throttle lock. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Holy Shmoley, The BMW S1000R changed the way I think about new motorcycles entirely. What an amazing ride!!!

If I had that kind of cash, I'd go S1000R after a test ride. The SX I test rode two years ago was real jumpy/jittery at low revs. I'm sure the I-4 in the BMW is a lot smoother for around town riding. That and it's sexy. Or go for a Ducati Streetfighter....or a CR and save some dough.

I got a slight neck issue. If I didn't, i'd probably get the Ducati 848. But I've decided to get more of an upright position motorcycle. I was up in PA and the dealer in Lancaster let me ride the s1000r. It's ridiculous. It's a little odd looking but at least it doesn't look like everything else. The cruise control is great too.

I've had at least 5 different low/clubman style bars on my CR and could never ride it long distance. Today I put on some 'high bars' (Ironically they came on this bike stock) and went 400 miles at 80-85mph no sweat. No neck pain, No taint pain....

Get a bike you like and make it fit you. Pegs, bars, seat. Seriously that S100R is stupid awesome.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arikam View Post
    I'm buying my next new or used bike soon.
    What is your previous or current motorcycle?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by arikam View Post
    I got a slight neck issue. If I didn't, i'd probably get the Ducati 848. But I've decided to get more of an upright position motorcycle. I was up in PA and the dealer in Lancaster let me ride the s1000r. It's ridiculous. It's a little odd looking but at least it doesn't look like everything else. The cruise control is great too.
    i can literally see that dealership(Trans-Am Cycles NKA Keller Bros. Cycles) from my roof-top. at 62 years of age and with the proliferation of recalls on bikes this decade i've grown more enthralled with brands that have a strong national dealer network. bmw very decent in these parts...aprilia not so much....EBR non-existent.

Previous bike xb12r, traded in on a new HD Street 750 because I thought I would be happy and more comfortable on a cruiser type of bike. Bike is fine. Its comfy. Has power. Just not what I really want any more. Gonna buy one last bike and if it doesn't make me happy then I'll probably stop riding.

All the bikes you are looking at are light years ahead of the Harley 750. You can't go wrong with any of them

I'd go with the USA made EBR for the power and fun factor over the fatter inline-4 bikes with their recalls, foreign made parts and cruise control; stealership support or not. As for a warranty or not, there are very little issues with the EBR's and if you do have an issue it won't cost you nearly the amount that you saved on the price discount if you have to fix it out of pocket. And if you want a warranty on a '14 or '15 model, buy one aftermarket for about $600.00. The '16 models are in a few dealers now too, with a warranty. Buy American.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast