Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: next new bike. EBR? nope. tuono? nope. or s1000r? nope, not that either.

Well shoot.
    There I go learning something from the forum.
    Guess I could have just google searched the info but I like going by real world experience.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    European motorcycles are the most unreliable motorcycles.
    bull****!myself and my riding friends who have logged well over 500,000 miles on beemers would all say that you have no idea what you're talking about with that comment.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-29-2016 at 12:56 PM.

See, that's the real world stuff I like to base my judgements on.

Banned
    The real world is the statistics according users experience you can see through the Google. This statistics just mean that you will have more chance for failure with European motorcycle than with American motorcycle. You will have more chance for failure with American motorcycle than with Japanese motorcycle. It doesn't necessarily mean that your European motorcycle will be instantly broken.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 04-29-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Sorry TPHAK, but any statement that broad can never be proven. Besides, Google is far from the final answer, you can prove anything to be true if you search long enough.

What does that statement take into account? Total bikes made? Only in 2015? Only performance bikes? Dealer repairs? Private repairs? Maintenance records?

Let's say Buell had 2000 catastrophic failures, and BMW had 50,000. Bimmer still has a much, much better record because of the total bikes sold. Maybe every single catastrophic failure of both brands was caused by the same supply companies rod bolts? Who do you blame then?

See how the answer gets foggy?

I got some insurance quotes today. 2016's 700$ a year on s1000r and 1190sx. Tuono was closer to 600$. I expected less. 2014 ebr and 2014 tuono were less then 400$ a year. 2014 s1000r was still around 600$. I have state farm. Had them for 15 years. Anyone have a better rate somewhere else?

I get to ride a Tuono Saturday in garden city GA. Need to find a way to ride the ebr also. Or at least sit on one.

I am still mind boggled that the RX goes for less than the SX? The universe must know I want an SX....

My local shop has a pair of brand new 0 miles EBR bikes and the prices seemed like really good. I think they wanted 11 for the RX and 12k for the SX. The SX is much more comfortable to sit on, I thought.ebr rx.jpgebr sx.jpg

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast