Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I did it again...

Well, I did it again...

Another one followed me home last night, my first tuber. A 99 M2 Cyclone, the engine is out and disassembled, the rear cylinder looks like it had something bouncing around in it.

Ouch! The valves and seats look ok, even the cylinder doesn't look too bad.
    Have fun with that! I had the chance to ride a very nice M2 and was super impressed. I hope she comes together easy for ya

Nice. Was that on the one on CL yesterday?

Popped up Saturday afternoon, I called after about 2 hours of going back and forth if I needed another project, and didn't have the money he was asking. Gave him an offer of the max I could offer and he took it. Picked it up Saturday night

So, after some thought, I will rebuild the motor, I'll replace at least the rear cylinder, head, piston, crank, and rods. Since I'm doing that, I'll do a mild build on it, and powdercoat the engine black. Then swap on the XB forks, headlights, fly screen, and wheels. Wheels will be some Hero Blue wheels I have laying around.

Last edited by AZmidget91; 05-09-2016 at 04:54 PM.

I saw that one too. I'm getting ready to pick up an 1125CR this weekend or I would have jumped on this.

Well played, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    Popped up Saturday afternoon, I called after about 2 hours of going back and forth if I needed another project, and didn't have the money he was asking. Gave him an offer of the max I could offer and he took it. Picked it up Saturday night

So, after some thought, I will rebuild the motor, I'll replace at least the rear cylinder, head, piston, crank, and rods. Since I'm doing that, I'll do a mild build on it, and powdercoat the engine black. Then swap on the XB forks, headlights, fly screen, and wheels. Wheels will be some Hero Blue wheels I have laying around.

XB wheels fit on a Tuber? Sweet

Anything is possible, check out Pur Pony's bike

Congrats! You will love it. My Tuber is my all time favorite bike in 45 years of riding.

I thought pur pony's scoot had spokes? Regardless, he and nicks bikes are by far some of the most top notch craftsmanship I've seen. I'm sure Az is gonna bust out something insane as well. Might scoop me up a tuber when the chevelle is finished.

He recently put on the XB Alpina spoke wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast