Thread: 2006 Uly Fork Seals & 07 Springs (HD or after market) Part #s ?

2006 Uly Fork Seals & 07 Springs (HD or after market) Part #s ?

After 21000 miles the fork seals on my 2006 Uly have finally given up...I figure while I have them apart I might as well go ahead and up grade to the 2007 springs...I hear that will solve the front-end dive problem...any feed back there???

Additionally, does anyone have the part number #s for the fork seals (factory or after market) and/or the part numbers for the 2007 fork springs (factory or after market) ?

Any suggestions on weight and brand of fork oil? I have read here where the oil level from top while compressed should be 172mm...and to use the 2007 suspension settings...correct?

Thanks in advance!

Inactive
    the 06 and 07 uly forks have the same innards and same amount of travel sans the springs. the 06 are single rate springs....the 07 triple rate. each assembled fork should take approx. 1 US pint of fluid as per below measurement i have posted here for you. buy 1 US quart of fork oil for starters. you'll want a top quality fluid and if it has "seal-swell" additive all the better. you can use 7.5wt or 10wt. all balls stocks both the seals and both bushings sets. i used to source the parts from ASB but believe their doors are shuttered now. if that is the case source thru all balls online. they have top quality parts. i do not have the part # for the springs. perhaps someone else does. remember when installing the fork seals that the EMBOSSED PRINTING ALWAYS GOES TOWARDS ATMOSPHERE. if seals installed upside down will leak like hell.

2007 Ulysses:
    Triple Rate fork spring each side.
    Oil Level 172 mm from top with fork fully compressed......+ or - about 8 mm
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-09-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Welp…I took the easy (but expensive) way out…found a pair of NOS forks for a 2007 Uly (updated springs) on ebay at St Paul HD and called Lance the parts guy/Buell rider who was very helpful and free with his knowledge & time and charged them on the old Visa and they were here in 4 days!!!
    Installed them yesterday and very pleased with the result…a noticeable difference in front end dive…not totally eliminated…but vastly improved and only 1 hour of down time!...but…It started raining yesterday as I was taking the test ride so I still need time to tinker around with the suspension setting to optimize my results…but all and all VERY pleased with the 2007 springs upgrade and ‘Lance’ at St Paul HD !
    (…kind a nice to have a great experience with a HD dealer over Buell parts!!!!)

John, why do you waste your time????

I'm with Wally on this one John.

It wasn't a waste...while the info 'lunatic' provided was helpful...and I would have used it to reseal/rebuild my 06 forks...I was still unable to find part #s for the 07 springs...I did talk to a local crotch-rocket shop and they said they "THINK" they know what I am looking for but I would have to pay up front to order and see what comes in...not a good idea in my book...so without the 07 springs I was outta luck to rebuild mine with the improved springs...that is how I stumbled upon the NOS forks...guess I should have prefaced my earlier post with this info to head off the negative comments...

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    John, why do you waste your time????
    no effing idea wally. LOL

Your recommendations are appreciated, though I actually haven't had any reason to use any as yet ( just got the uly ) I do review them on a regular basis and find them very informative for us newbies, just as I have just reviewed this post.

Thanks !

Last edited by njloco; 05-22-2016 at 12:55 PM.