Thread: Selling my XB12S - Chicago

Selling my XB12S - Chicago

Check out link below. I have a ton of parts that can be sold along with bike too.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5594922380.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

2004 Buell XB12S $4500 for Bike or $5300 for Bike and parts. I have had a few Buell XBs and this is the best riding one I have owned by far. 847-eight one 2-7201.

This is a custom built Buell that comes with almost enough parts to build another bike.
    The bike was built at Hal's HD by Buell tech's, and is signed by the Buell exec's and Eric Buell.
    It has a street set up, and a race set up. It takes about 2.5 hrs to set it up either way.
    Photos of all the parts are included but you have to see to believe.

Engine Modifications:
    -Wiseco Forged Domed-Top Pistons with Silicone Coated Skirts (Boosts Compression to 11.3:1) Runs on 93 Octane Pump Gas
    -1.9mm Intake Valves
    -Custom Hand-ported intake ports to improve air flow
    -Updated Oil Pump Gear (Bronze)
    -2007 & later Cam Cover (allowed for re-location of Oil and Vent lines on 2006 Swing Arm)
    -Timing retarded 3 degrees
    -Air Box de-snorkeled
    -Exhaust Actuator Motor & wiring removed (Bypass plug installed from American Sportbike)
    -Stock Inner Air Box cover replaced with 2006 XB9SX Air Box cover (More air flow with no actuator motor)
    -Exhaust Header ceramic coated
    -Stock Muffler replaced with Drummer Custom for XB12 (from Kevin Drum in NC)
    -Stock ECM replaced with Buell Race ECM for XB12 and programmed with ECM Spy software
    -Right side air scoop installed
    -Engine modifications improved Rear wheel Horsepower from a stock 84 hp to 98.5 hp and Rear wheel Torque from 70 ft lbs of to 85 ft lbs

Chassis/Suspension Modifications:
    Suspension:
    -Forks are stock 41mm with a #1 spring from American Race Spring (200-250Lb rider)
    -Forks have been re-valved and fluid replace with Torco Fork Oil (work done by Trackside Engineering & Suspension in Delavan, WI)
    -Stock rear shock replaced with 2005 Buell Race Shock and spring
    -LSL Adjustable Steering Dampener installed
    Chassis:
    -Replaced stock rear sub-frame (tail section) under tray and seat (Touring) with those off a 2007 XB12STT (added 2 inches to back of bike)
    -Replaced stock swing arm with 2006 XB12 swing arm (oil lines relocated and disassembly easier)
    -Stock belt guards have been removed
    -LED taillight installed
    -Stock red bodywork replaced with black. Amber trim and levers added.
    -Head light cage added-from 2006 XB9SX
    -Front fender and mud guard from a 2006 XB12X Ulysses
    -"Bark" guards and hardware from 2006 XB12X Ulysses
    -Stock handlebar replaced with bar from a 2007 XB12STT
    -Stock drive belt replaced with Custom made Carbon Fiber belts from Gates Rubber Co. (2 belts-one for street and one for race)

Race Parts:
    -Number plates from 2007 XB12STT
    -Seat from 2007 XB12STT (stock seat)
    -Blacked out taillight lens
    -Crossroads 7 degree down handlebar with Brembo 16mmx19mm Radial Master Cylinder, #2 Brake line and stock Buell 4-piston brake caliper pre-installed (for track use only-master cylinder has no brake switch)
    -Custom made head light housing and front number plate/wind screen
    -Spare black outer air box cover
    -Spare set of rims with rotors and drive sprocket
    -GP reverse Shift lever

Miscellaneous:
    -Rizoma Billet Mirrors
    -Bluetooth programming dongle
    -Stock Buell Tool Kit under seat
    -Stock ECM
    -Stock Muffler
    -Buell Accessory Saddle Bags
    -Pirelli Tires
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craigslist moved my listing. You can see it at the new link below.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5610029957.html

Nice looking bike and I do like the Shelby in the parking lot. What is the milage on the bike and the milage after the pistons were installed?

Bike has 10,700 miles on it and all the engine work was done at 6000 miles. Pictures were taken at work so we always have interesting cars coming through there. I purchased the bike with everything done on it and the previous owner did everything right. I can't believe how much better the suspension is versus my last XB. I never had the LSL steering dampener because I thought it was too expensive. After having it on this bike I would definitely say it is worth the money.

Someone is purchasing spare parts so I can let the bike go for $3900. New Craigslist ad is at the link below.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5610029957.html