Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ECM Tune

ECM Tune

Ok, so here is the deal. I acquired a 2000 X1 from a friend that had been sitting for years. Cleaned out the gas tank, rebuilt the fuel pump, new fuel filter, pressure tested and cleaned injectors and new battery. Started it up and it was running very rich and kept fouling plugs. Ran some hotter ones and it ran and then fouled again. Put the stock ECM on it and it runs fine on the highway but sputters and misses a bit in lower gears and in lower RPMs. It has a Forcewinder and Vance and Hines pipe on it. Is there something I am missing? Should it run rougher with the stock ECM or do I need a tune? If so, I have never tried flashing one and this is out of my field and scope of ability right now. There is a local guy who knows Buells ok, but mainly works on Harleys. He knows more about the XB models than the tubers, but has a dyno to help out if we can find the right equipment. What kind of software/tools do I need to check the Race ECM or to adjust the stock one to run proper? Thanks in advance!

Had a 01 X1 with a slip on exhaust and K&N filter with stock ECM and it ran like crap. Bought a Race ECM off of EBay and it was a night and day difference. Highly recommend the Race ECM.

Wade

It runs ok on highway, just sucks at lower revs and gears. I have the Race ECM and it was on it but kept fouling the plugs, so I am trying to find out if there is something else I should check or should I have the Race ECM reflashed and if so, what kind of software/hardware do I need?

Did you have the TPS reset after you changing the ECM?

I don't think so. Is there a way for me to do it?

Absolutely! Contact Cole (AZmidget91) at https://www.facebook.com/BuellBluetooth/?fref=ts

He sells a cable or Bluetooth device for communicating to your ECM. You will need to get the ECMSpy software. There is also an app called ECMdroid that you could use as well from an Android tablet.

As for as instructions go I'm not too sure how different the procedure is from an XB series Buell but they have Youtube videos that explain how to do it. Back when I had my X1 there was no software available to do it yourself and always had to take it back to the dealer which cost me $140 every time. Just hit Cole up and ask him, he's has a crazy amount of knowledge of the XB series bikes and might be able to help with your X1.

Wade
    Last edited by wader93; 06-30-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Hey, that's me!

Yep, let me know if you need a usb cable, or Bluetooth dongle. I have only had my Bluetooth dongle on a few x1's some didn't work with the android app ECMDroid. I believe all the race ecm bikes worked, and some non race ecms did and didn't work.

The cable and the Bluetooth dongle would both work with a laptop and ECMSpy or TunerPro, and either of those allow you to do a TPS reset.

Bluetooth is $69 shipped
    USB cable is $39 shipped
    PM me for Bluetooth info!
    Facebook.com/BuellBluetooth

Awesome! Thanks guys. I will send you a private message Cole. I will most likely use a laptop if I can. I would prefer the cable, but will it work with a tablet? Know anywhere I can down load the ECMSpy?

Do you still need the ecmspy install?

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Do you still need the ecmspy install?
    Konarider I tried replying to your private message but your Inbox is full and will not allow me to send until you free up some space 8)

Lyu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast