• Metzeler

1 2.44%
  • Heidenau

0 0%
  • Shinko

3 7.32%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tire Poll

I've had BT023, S20s, and PP2ct's... All felt great overall. The S20 (I think it's been replaced by the S21 now) was nice and cheap, everyone pretty much knows about the Pilot Powers. I'd rate the 023s lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Conti motions.
    Great life span for a commuter and never let me down when things go twisty.
    And they are CHEAP
    Got my Conti-motion rear mounted for $100!

Q3's on my track weapon, amazing wear, grip, and heat up. Pirelli's on one of my Buell's and they are deadly dangerous!!!!!! Will be putting q3's on soon.

Whant do you mean by dangerous? I was going to ask if anyone had any experience with Pirelli Angel St/gt or Diablo Rosso?

I commute 120 miles a day on Angel GT and have almost 2k on them and they still look like new. No issues with them at all.

I've had a bunch of Buells with the Angel St and GT's. I liked them on the street, not so much for track.
    Same for the Continentals, inexpensive and good enough for commuting. PP3's are awesome and I've never ran Q3's

Quote Originally Posted by GRONX View Post
    Whant do you mean by dangerous? I was going to ask if anyone had any experience with Pirelli Angel St/gt or Diablo Rosso?
    They are hard as a ROCK, take forever to heat up. Super slippery. Slow first gear 90 degree turns are evil....they will walk on you. If I'm not mistaken Gregoxb had the same EXACT problem. They are so bad I won't even ride the machine until I mount up Q3's. This was discussed in length somewhere else on here. I'm not saying Pirelli's are junk but these Diablo's are flat out deadly. Never again. Ill put it to you this way, when they get removed I will take the sawzall to them and destroy them just in case when I throw them out no one will grab them and use them. They have less than 500 miles on them, I wouldn't give them to a guy that was begging for them that had bald tires and needed them to get to work to put food on his table. I couldn't live w myself if something happened!!!!
    Last edited by wickedchop; 10-12-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    They are hard as a ROCK, take forever to heat up. Super slippery. Slow first gear 90 degree turns are evil....they will walk on you. If I'm not mistaken Gregoxb had the same EXACT problem. They are so bad I won't even ride the machine until I mount up Q3's. This was discussed in length somewhere else on here. I'm not saying Pirelli's are junk but these Diablo's are flat out deadly. Never again. Ill put it to you this way, when they get removed I will take the sawzall to them and destroy them just in case when I throw them out no one will grab them and use them. They have less than 500 miles on them, I wouldn't give them to a guy that was begging for them that had bald tires and needed them to get to work to put food on his table. I couldn't live w myself if something happened!!!!
    I can confirm that the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II slipped out from under me doing a 90 degree 5 mph turn. They were brand new, slippery as hell and rock hard. All I can say is that if you chose to run the Pirellis, I would ride ultra gingerly for the first 500 miles until they are visibly scuffed. The Michelins, from my experience, are pretty much good to go right out of the box, and have a very short break in period if any at all.

Thanks for the backup Greg. I would stick w michelins or dunlops of you ride aggressively to anyone looking to buy new hides!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Thanks for the backup Greg. I would stick w michelins or dunlops of you ride aggressively to anyone looking to buy new hides!!!!!
    I cant say i ride like a total animal, but not a complete wuss and am on my second set of STs. I dont get nuts when they're cold, but generally never worry about grip. I DO NOT track ride though nor are there any BADA$$ canyon roads around here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast