Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how is your Buell doing in this heat?

Well in the heat, ethanol fuel seems to make my 09 Uy sound like a popcorn machine when I hit the throttle. Also my water cooled 2007 Tiger1050, so I can blame the gas because it is the same for both bikes. So I run Gumout fuel system tune-up, several ounces per tank in both bikes, it seams to clean out the corn bread growing in the throttle bodies as well as the intake valves and the rest of the motor. I notice that on my 07 Tiger has a digital heat cage, and when I put additive in the fuel it runs at 5 or 6 ticks on the heat gauge and without additives it consistently hits 7 tick marks. Also notice fresh oil makes a huge difference as well and sometimes will stay at 5 ticks. So I change the oil more frequently in the hot weather especially on my Uly which I Love to ride at anytime.

Banned
    My Buell melted the alarm system unit compound so the compound has been squeezed out the unit housing like a cream, now the alarm system has glitches. The unit located aside the battery and the cooler blowing directly to the seat bottom under the battery. I believe this is the reason why the batteries do not work longer than one year, they are constantly under excessive heat, especially when you are staying in slow traffic.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-09-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Certainly makes sense. Batteries hate heat. It wouldn't take much to insulate that area, with no negative effects.

I'll put that on my to-mod list

Hey TPEHAK, sorry I am sure you already posted what Buell you are riding, I just can't remember. On my 09 Uly I have almost 3 years on an AGM from Batteries plus, but I am still getting less than 2 years on a head lamp. I did the ECM relocate and a ground wire mod. Also there is a heat blanket that goes under the seat, I think it is stock? I have looked at another Uly and it did not have one so not sure it is stock. Just curious if you have a heat blanket, also if you have done the ecm relocate, breather re-route, comfort kit, or any other mod that may have impacted the melting of the goop that was in the alarm system. At one point I put thermal blanket under the Airbox base plate, did not notice any difference and eventually took it out because it was a PIA to put back on.

Banned
    I have only comfort kit, no blankets or breather reroute, no units relocations.

I'm lucky I guess, the 08 uly will sleep for the next week, the Tiger explorer will see more action as the heat and index is going to be ugly for the next few days !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234