Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell ECU firmware update.

Buell ECU firmware update.

There are several versions of the firmware in both the DDFI-2 and DDFI-3, some of which tend to be a bit 'glitchy'. The most common thing I find (BUEZD, BUEOD) is the AFV will re-set from 100 to a lower value when just cycling the key. Yes, that's very frustrating

There also seems to be that the majority of the fueling programs available (for free) are for the latest firmware version (BUE2D). I'm a do-it-yourselfing cheap ass

There are a few Harley dealers that still service Buells and (for $50) will update my ECU to the latest BUE2D. But none in my area, and because they are Harley dealers, the service department is always backlogged a few months, even for this 10 minute job and they need the whole bike to be there too.

So... Is there anyone who can update my ECM's to the latest BUE2D besides the dealer? Fueling programs can stay with whatever in there now. Can you do it with just the ECM and not the whole bike? All you would need is the BUE2D download and a donor harness....

Anyone??

There was, and then people complained about paying for something that takes a lot of effort and time to figure out... So, he stopped offering his services...

It's on my list of things to accomplish. I know the gist of it...

Although it's off topic. I believe someone should get paid to custom make an injection program (or download firmware updates!), even if it doesn't involve true "tuning" with wideband O2's, test rides, and a dyno... it still takes skill and time to read data logging and write it accordingly. That skill should be paid to those who have it

Alternatively, I can copy/paste existing programs I get for free (from buellmods.com, Buelltooth.com and several members here) that cover 98% of bikes, and I don't charge for that. IMO I don't own the original program (thats out of Pandora's box now), so I feel I don't own it after I install it. I'll give that 30 seconds of my time away for free.

No one is gonna get rich modding the small amount of Buells left or giving advise on a forum. I personally do it because I like this community (mostlyhaha) If someone has a marketable skill or product for Buells... cool! It helps us all out.

I know you (AZ) work hard at hand making excellent Bluetooth dongles and have made a convienent package with a tablet for Buellers to buy for diagnosis and mods. Thanks!! I send people your way as often as I can because I know you're a big presence on the forum and back your stuff up unconditionally. You deserve to be paid for your time and your product

I would ask Tim at IDS about firmware upgrades .

That's a great suggestion! I this place. Thanks

Firmware update will be implemented in the next version of EcmSpy, but will not be publicly available.

I have the same issue up here. Still on BUEZD wanting to move to BUE2D.

What do you mean not "publicly available"?
    Not available to anyone, ever?? Or not available with the free version of ECMSpy?

I'm not asking for it to be free, on the contrary ^^^(post #4).

IDS PCMTool already has this capability to update ECM firmware (aka application), If you can get the 142 or later calibration flash for BUE2D...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast