Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell ECU firmware update.

Nice I will see what that's all about. Thanks!!

wouldn't you just download the firmware from and existing BUE2D ECM and keep it on file?

The problem for me is that there's one HD dealer in the NYC area that can do it. I guess they know this, because the $50 price was quoted as $150, & I refused to be extorted.

Personally, I don't see a problem with someone doing this for the community and charging a small (fair) fee. They wouldn't be taking business away from HD as most of them don't even do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LJIvasiv82 View Post
    The problem for me is that there's one HD dealer in the NYC area that can do it. I guess they know this, because the $50 price was quoted as $150, & I refused to be extorted.

Personally, I don't see a problem with someone doing this for the community and charging a small (fair) fee. They wouldn't be taking business away from HD as most of them don't even do it.
    So I reached out to Danbury HD dealer and they could do the update for me, all for $50! I went with my buddy this past Saturday & they had both our bikes out in less than an hour, $55 each after taxes. My buddy examined the new BUE2D EEPROM and says there is no difference in Fuel Maps & ignition timings. My bike seems to run better, so what else could have changed that appears to have improved things?

Overall it's a great $55 spent as I can play with all the maps that are available for the most current BUE2D EEPROM.

Lyu

When they did mine (for $150...) they also made the odometer read in Km instead of miles.
    I wonder how much they'll charge me to fix what they screwed up? Sheesh.

I´ve been to the HD stealership yesterday in Sao Paulo - Brazil to try to have the firmware updated from BUE1D to BUE2D. No luck.
    I stayed beside the guy doing the job so could see how their computer system works. After reading my bike´s VIN the software prompted with 3 available EEPROMs for my bike as follows:
    -M31US282
    -M31AU282
    -M31BZ251
    The last one with the "BZ" as to Brazil is the one already in my ECM. So there was no option to upgrade to a 282 map designed to Brazil. So we tried the M31US282...the ECM flashed correctly but unfortunatelly it did not work..right after flash completed the ECM went crazy and lots of errors came up. Sensor readings were messed and the engine wouldn´t start. Had to flash back the BZ251.

What I found most weird was that the US282 "matched" to my ECM part number as per the dealership software. It did not say it wasn´t going to fit, on the contrary, it estated that my ECM part number was appropriate to that mapping.

Maybe when ECMSPY has the capability of upgrading firmwares I give a new try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12