Thread: By God.....an Oil Thread

Inactive

By God.....an Oil Thread

disclaimer: i am NOT an employee of, representative of, sponsor of or affiliate of NAPA in any way shape or form.

board members interested just FYI: NAPA has an incredible sale going on right now....valid till end of month...on their line of full synthetic oils. and they are true synthetics....NOT blends or some such nonsense.
    15-50 full synthetic part of the sale at incredible $2.99 per quart. have used it alot thru the years in bmw boxers, all buell motors ONLY(NOT in primary drives), H-D small and big V-twins. works as good or better than anything i've ever used and price is unbeatable. i have never used it in wet-clutch applications so have no experience with same. just wanted to pass this on.

https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p...ons/motor-oil/

Great deal thanks for passing it on

Good looking out John! I'm in on this and will have it delivered to my shop today.

Inactive
    good deal ricky. i never spend the $ for synthetic in a buell motor as i don't leave it in long enough to take advantage of any benefits it might offer....but run synthetic in truck and cars i have. at $2.99 a quart i'm loading up like you are and running it in some dry clutch bikes. price is incredible.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna stock up too. The Victory v-twin takes 6(!!) quarts.

I'm glad uou posted this. I was about to ask Lunatic and Cooper of synthetic was ok. My shop seemed concerned about putting synthetic in my 09 xb12Scg.
    Do you guys know of any reason they would be concerned?

Holy Moley

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoley View Post
    I'm glad uou posted this. I was about to ask Lunatic and Cooper of synthetic was ok. My shop seemed concerned about putting synthetic in my 09 xb12Scg.
    Do you guys know of any reason they would be concerned?

Holy Moley
    any conventional or synthetic works nicely in a buell motor. it is the PRIMARY/TRANS fluid that must be wet-clutch-application approved with something along the lines of a JASO/MA type rating. i believe by now everyone on here knows what oils work best in a primary. perhaps your "shop" was confused regarding the 2 distinctly different applications?

I love my local NAPA.
    For some stupid reason, in the past, whenever I need something for an automobile, I have tended to go to Pep Boys or AutoZone, and whenever I could not find what I needed, I ended up at my local Napa after smacking myself in the forehead.
    The people there kick ass and are so knowledgable and willing to do whatever they need to, to help you out. I literally had a guy bring out all of their crush washers to see which one was the best fit on a banjo bolt for my car's turbo. After multiple failed attempts elsewhere, this solved my oil leak.
    I use their oil filters only in all of my cars.

Nice to see the person I consider "THE BUELL EXPERT" give them the thumbs up.
    and once again, thanks for sharing. One of these days I need to ride over to your house just to say hello. I think I am about 1 hr from you, which is a great excuse to get on the bike.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Inactive
    Nice to see the person I consider "THE BUELL EXPERT" give them the thumbs up.
    and once again, thanks for sharing. One of these days I need to ride over to your house just to say hello. I think I am about 1 hr from you, which is a great excuse to get on the bike.

kudos on napa. outstanding products and consistently great counter-guys. you're welcome here at my shop anytime you like lusiphur.

Hey all. I've been off for a while as I've been able to find what I need by looking though all the threads. I found a black Friday sale on Mobil 1 15w - 50 advanced full synthetic oil. From what I've found and reread on here... this should be great as long as I don't use it in the primary. Correct?
    My oil changes have been just over 50 bucks each time and I'm wanting a bit of a break as long as it won't cost me in the long run.

Thanks,