Thread: 2009 xb12r

2009 xb12r

Hey. Selling my 09 Firebolt. You know specs, etc. if you're looking at this listing on this site. Only 3700 miles. Never get a chance to ride, 4 kids, dropped it last fall, some cosmetic damage (tail is scraped, needs some lights, pegs, but gonna be modified anyway & I'll try to keep it if I start replacing stuff). Reluctant to sell, but promised my wife. Aw. Includes some extras: new/extra air box cover w badging, new uninstalled K&N air filter, battery tender, & Kreiga US-20 Drypack (which was made for this bike & solves that scraped tail issue). I had Oberon Streetfighter bar end mirrors, which were perfect but didn't make it; mirror block off plates included.

Not sure what else to include in listing this bike on this forum. Asking $5250. Could sell extras separately, but would rather not. Bike had routine service in fall and runs great. Could take more pictures, start up video, whatever. Let me know if you're interested or could give me advice on how to proceed. I need some cash for, uh, something. Paid cash at dealership when I bought this bike brand new = clean title. Please ask questions and let me know if I've overlooked anything. Located in Connecticut. Thx

Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dhend912; 05-10-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Hey, guys. So any advice on what I should list this for? I want to price it to sell. I'll take a hit, don't really care. Thx

Its an xb
    Good luck getting 4K out of it.
    Unless you find someone looking for exactly the bike you currently own.

k, thx ... oh well ... listed for $4250 OBO
    Last edited by dhend912; 05-11-2017 at 10:19 PM.

I picked up my '09 XB12R on Ebay in August for $4200 (plus shipping). At the time it had 505 miles on it.

I would ask $4500 and negotiate from there.

Is it a 50 state model or not?

I don't know. I'll try to figure it out. Guess I'll list it on ebay, too. Thx, man

This works:
    http://en.vindecoder.pl/4MZSS11J6Y3201035

The VIN# breakdown is also in your owners manual. If you don't have one Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com should have a free PDF for you.

The reason I ask about the 50 state model is the restrictions on bringing low mileage used bikes into California (and soon other states). The market here is pretty hot for motorcycles in most places, especially since the rise in traffic and the recent "official" legalization of lane splitting.

Inactive
    The reason I ask about the 50 state model is the restrictions on bringing low mileage used bikes into California (and soon other states).

if my beloved PA ever starts that crap...and i'm hoping you're wrong with your forecast....i'll put a bullet thru my head.
    though an economic staple of PA is cycle sales, registrations, rallies, races, H-D production plant, and annually the 3rd most new and used cycle sales in all of America......they have let us alone.
    no emissions requirements or testing
    no helmets if that's your riding style
    no noise regs
    no license plate stickers
    online multi-year registrations available and cheap
    annual inspection is required BUT 80% of all owners refuse to participate and the police could care less

I wish NC was that way..Started few years ago,our license and inspections are tied together,you cant renew your license unless your inspection is done first..Even when buying a used bike or car and you go to register it in your name,you have to get it inspected first. Atleast I live in a county that they still do not check emissions during inspection.