Thread: '01 X1 with new "hiccup"

'01 X1 with new "hiccup"

I've had my '01 X1 for a few years now, bought it with 3900mi on it and just rolled over 9000 today. Had issues with the air temp sensor after re-oiling the K&N filter and got that squared away but she now has seemed to develop this odd, and extremely intermitent, hiccup. Literally like the fuel or ign is cut out for a split second. Did it once before about a week ago and hadn't driven it til today, did it around 5 times today on a 3hr ride. Any input?

My 2002 s3 did the same thing a few years back. I took it into the dealership in Tennessee and they said the 02 sense and e.t sensor was throwing codes. They didn't have the parts to fix it, so when I got home I had my local dealership order the parts. Put them in and it was fixed. Every once in away it still does it bit nothing like it was. Hope that helps.

Thanks a bunch toolmaker! I'll pull the O2 and check it out to see how it looks...what is the e.t. sensor?

It's a sensor that looks for alien's. I just had to say that sorry. How about engine temperature sensor.

Ha! You're nicer than me, I would have left it with the aliens comment until someone questioned it haha. Thanks again!

heya is there any update on weather or not the problem was fixed, if so what was the issue?