Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG Press Release!

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Yea, that'd be great, but unless Erik starts buying engines from HD again, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Rotax doesn't make any air-cooled motorcycle engines, and there's just no way EBR, with 2 or 3 engineers on staff currently and limited cash on hand, could design and tool up for a new engine at this point.
    I would think the air cooled units would come from collaboration from either Victory, S&S, or perhaps Indian. Wishful thinking more less. But I most definitely see your point. I have been in manufacturing for most my life, and tooling can be extremely cost prohibitive. I have my fingers crossed.

That video was done in early 2009(or late 2008 can't quiet remember) prior to Harley pulling the plug on Buell.
    The motor company was still the puppet master.
    After the divorce Erik went on to design small displacement motorcycles for HERO. Some actually looked extremely appealing. However, those bikes never made to the American market. I'm not even sure if they made it to production considering how brief the HERO/EBR honeymoon was.

A blast IS NOT a middle weight sportbike.

No offense to those that love Erik but as long as someone else is flipping the bill I think he'll produce/design what he has to in order to keep HIS vision alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if EBR comes up with something similar, in regards to performance, as the 675triple(MV Agusta or Triumph) or the 899 Ducati twin.
    The bikes that use those engine configurations are middle weight sports bikes. A BLAST WAS NEVER DESIGNED to compete with those bikes.

But I do agree, I don't think we'll see anything like a blast come from EBR
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 09-29-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    No offense to those that love Erik but as long as someone else is flipping the bill I think he'll produce/design what he has to in order to keep HIS vision alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if EBR comes up with something similar, in regards to performance, as the 675triple(MV Agusta or Triumph) or the 899 Ducati twin.
    The bikes that use those engine configurations are middle weight sports bikes. A BLAST WAS NEVER DESIGNED to compete with those bikes.
    You may recall that the big Cycle World article on the closure of Buell (written by Steve Anderson, who worked at Buell and EBR) mentioned that Buell was working on designing a range of 3-cylinder middleweight bikes starting in the fall of 2007. I'd imagine those designs were complete well before Buell's closure, and there may have even been prototypes on the road. I'll bet all that IP stayed with Harley Davidson, but I'd think EBR remembers a lot of (if not all of) what they learned during that design process and could recreate those designs if that's the way they want to go.

I was betting on a big single cylinder? Doesnt rotax still make 500-600cc singles? I'm also speculating the AX will be available as a 1125cc(which is plenty of power!) and maybe like a 6-800 cc sort of like the dual sport line up from BMW???

Soo like a hastur (since erik already built that...) and a bmw 800gs and 1200 gs maybe??

One thing about Buell enthusiasts, we sure are dreamers!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    One thing about Buell enthusiasts, we sure are dreamers!
    you got that right, i think the longest threads on this forum are the ones where we all to get to do our "what if", but it sure is FUN!

I'm pretty sure when Hero stiffed Erik for 20 mil, he did not hand over the completed designs for the motorcycles. Probably left out crucial details, because as far as I know, those motorcycles have not come to production yet. I know Hero desperately tried to bribe the EBR mechanics and engineers to work for Hero after the fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    I'm pretty sure when Hero stiffed Erik for 20 mil, he did not hand over the completed designs for the motorcycles. Probably left out crucial details, because as far as I know, those motorcycles have not come to production yet. I know Hero desperately tried to bribe the EBR mechanics and engineers to work for Hero after the fall out.
    Nope, Hero has not been able to complete the designs for any of the EBR-designed bikes. They kept touting the EBR-designed HX250R (later, they dropped the R) which was going to be their first truly modern bike. At first Hero said EBR's closure would cause a minor delay in the release of this bike, then they said the bike would come out this year, and now they're saying "don't expect it any time soon".

While that the slew of launches are most welcome, enthusiasts waiting for Hero to bring its performance offerings are in a for a disappointment. Mr Munjal stated that the company's plans to introduce the performance motorcycle range has taken a back seat as the two wheeler maker wants to concentrate on its expansion plans to across several markets in India and overseas, while also working on the re-working of policy after GST (Goods and Services Tax) comes in. This means that the company won't bring what it calls the 'EBR Package'. Developed in collaboration with Erik Buell Racing package comprises of products like the highly awaited EBR 250 and Hastur models. This also means that products like the Xtreme 200, XF3R and even the speculative Impulse 250 won't make it to showrooms anytime soon.
    Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hero-to-la...-month-1453113

Cooter, move now. I just got a 2015 SX with 3 miles on it from Liquid Asset Partners (EBR's Parent Co.) in Grand Rapids, MI for $7900. They don't have too many left. You can find them on eBay with the same seller name.

Banned
    If you want to ride in city environment electric powered bicycle is way more appropriate for that than any motorcycle and can be faster than any motorcycle even faster than high displacement motorcycles.

Here is the motorcycle hunter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast