Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG Press Release!

I feel like there is a market for the air cooled twin..... BMW R Nine T, Ducati Scrambler.....

Fantastic news on all fronts and I agree with what all of you above said. I think in addition to all that they need to get Shelina and the EBR race team more involved in AMA and Motoamerica and get away from the pan delta series stuff and get more exposure here which will hopefully sell more 1190's and get some of the jap bike buyers on the American side. Fingers crossed.....

Hey Grego, I hear ya. I've had a bunch of XB's and loved them all (almost, ). Drooled over a 1125CR got it and found the track which is super fun! But I still couldn't stand not having an XB anymore. So I bought an STT Just something about them...

Mope, the 1190 is too much for everyday use? I am itching for an SX really, really, badly.

No, I don't think it's too much for everyday use. I am also in the minority of riders who is literally in an urban center (none of that "I live in the suburbs, but say I live in the city" chit). Bikes need to be spun up and run; superbikes can't really leave first gear in most urban driving conditions. Low displacement bikes are usually 'better' for urban riders and I think making a model that fits that generalization for the masses is a fair move for EBR in looking to build a brand. That's for the masses.........not me

I loved my xb bikes and will probably get a 'forever' xb when I get out of the city. While liquid cooled, the CR still had a fair number of issues for urban riders.

Banned
    Low displacement motorcycles are not universal, most people ride motorcycles everywhere, not only in downtown area or for morning commute. Also low displacement motorcycles are less reliable than motorcycles with big engines. Plus motorcycles with small engines, tiny pipes and skinny tires do not look cool.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 09-24-2016 at 04:16 AM.

I think a smaller displacement (600cc +) would be a good market strategy for newer younger generation. Fuel prices can go haywire any day. A daily urban bike that can deal with traffic and be fun is a smart move. The RX/SX platform is great, but need a bread and butter/ high volume/reasonably priced bike is a money maker. That's what EBR needs, cash.

Inactive
    Also low displacement motorcycles are less reliable than motorcycles with big engines.

where the hell do you come up with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Also low displacement motorcycles are less reliable than motorcycles with big engines.

where the hell do you come up with this stuff?
    I beat the living FU@K out of my LOW DISPLACEMENT track bike and it takes it without a hiccup at 8 to 10hrs every track day!!!!!! Bulletproof.....

I can personally tell you how even a moderate HP 'city bike' like the XB will get you in trouble with a 43mph in a 25mph ticket... 25 YARDS from my driveway a month ago

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast