Thread: Buell 1125r Wheel Swap Questions

Buell 1125r Wheel Swap Questions

Hello, I used to have an 09 xb9sx and loved the front wheel with the parameter rotor. Unfortunately I sold the buell as it was not comfortable for me. I have several other cruisers and just picked up a front wheel from an 09 1125r and have a few questions about mounting to my yamaha cruiser.

1. Does the xb and 1125r have the same front wheel bearing size of 47od x 25 id?

2. Is there a reason the axle tapers in between the wheel bearings?

My bike has an axle that does not have a taper and is 17mm OD. I was going to replace the bearings with ones from All Balls Bearings that are 47OD x 17 ID and replace the bearing spacer with one for a 17mm axle. Does this sound like the correct way to do it?

Luke

1. Yes

2. Not one that affects the swap

It's a start.

Fork width differences would need different outer spacers as well and how the heck will you get the caliper mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    1. Yes

2. Not one that affects the swap

It's a start.

Fork width differences would need different outer spacers as well and how the heck will you get the caliper mounted?
    Thank you! Yes i will be making different outer spacers.

My plan currently is to make a caliper bracket that goes on the axle. To prevent it from rotating an anchor rod will be attached to the fork area. Basically doing what people with springer front ends having been doing for years. The caliper bracket then becomes part of the spacer.

Interesting. Which "Yamaha Cruiser" do you have?

Interesting. Which "Yamaha Cruiser" do you have?
    Vstar 650

Pics are always good. Done well, you could have an interesting conversion. Done wrong, it could kill you. I'll be watching!

Pics are always good. Done well, you could have an interesting conversion. Done wrong, it could kill you. I'll be watching!
    I will. Attached is the my last Vstar I made into a prostreet. This one I'll be using the buell wheel on will be more cruiser like with a front Harley fairing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by luke2 View Post
    I will. Attached is the my last Vstar I made into a prostreet. This one I'll be using the buell wheel on will be more cruiser like with a front Harley fairing.
    Good looking !!