Thread: Barber motorsports Vintage bikefest 2016

Barber motorsports Vintage bikefest 2016

So, I know I'm going... I also know I'll buy a beer for any of you Buellers that ride your Buell there It's a great excuse to meet some of you jerks face to face

https://www.barbermotorsports.com/vintage-home.php

I feel it's a 'must do' for anybody who calls themselves a motorcyclist. So there, the gauntlet has been thrown down! You can always get another job, and she'll forgive you (probably), so come on!

It is 699 miles from Stuart, Florida and even though there's a perfectly serviceable cruiser with saddlebags in my garage, there's no way I'm riding down the straight, flat, boring interstate. I am fairly hardheaded and definitely a glutton for punishment so I am taking the CR and a backpack. I put on the highbars because I'm not an idiot (mostly), but that's about it.

I have an open schedule both there and back and 699 miles can be done in one really long boring freeway day, but that's totally missing the point. I'd like to take at least 2 full days to get there, so I'll be crossing over Florida from east coast to Gulf coast (flat, but not a bad ride) and going north, hopefully hugging the coastline of the panhandle and detouring through some nature preserves there. I know exactly zero about lower Alabama, so anyone have suggestions for somewhere my tach needle can point north? Any must stop food, dive bars, curvy roads, cheesy sights, anything off a narrow road and nowhere near a big city?

The way back, I'm thinking Georgia (Tybee island is awesome), maybe even So. Carolina if I'm feelin' jiggy for another couple day ride back.

Hopefully some local dirty Buellers will point me in the right direction, and as always... The first round is on me!

Hopefully I get to retire soon and then get to do all this cool stuff I've been missing.

Enjoy !

I might miss it too, friend in the hospital...

Sorry to hear that, prayers go out to him, hope he's o.k soon.

Thanks man, but it's not looking good. Barber is off for sure, I'm getting on a plane to see what I can do to help everybody.