Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner. 09 1125 CR

New owner. 09 1125 CR

Gents,

Just bought my first Buell 2 weeks ago. Love it so far! A lot of fun, yet i am quickly realizing how much i don't know about this bike. I'm used to Harleys and their simplicity. Want to turn it into a track/race bike. Specifically the electrical system, how the ECM works, clutch, etc is above my current skill level. Does anyone have some electrical diagrams to see what i can get rid of and what I can't? Anyone have a Service Manual I could get?, maybe a PDF version.

Newby question: Apologize now for the ignorance. Does it have a slipper clutch already? I noticed when i shift to 2nd gear, the computer reads 4th or so until its ready for what i put it in. Also is the throttle fly by wire? IE am i requesting power from the ECM and its controlling what it gives, or is it a mechanical linkage?

Additionally, i'm looking for are CR race fairings, specifically belly and nose fairing? Quickshifter kits?

John
    Johnson Creek WI

Your bike has a vacuum assisted slipper clutch. It is NOT fly by wire, its a dual cable throttle. Good luck with the CR fairing, there's a foreign outfit that makes one however. All the electrical diagrams will be in the service manual, which you'll have soon

thedragon.jpg

This is my R with factory side fairing. You could do a swap to R parts pretty easily using aftermarket fiberglass, you'd need a fairing stay and some glass and voila, track bike. That is if the mounting point for the fairing stay in on the CR frame.

There isn't much to remove in the wiring, they are pretty much built for the track from that factory. Are you hoping to save weight??
    You'll find the CR is a track beast for sure! It will run out of gear on the straight of any track that isn't for go carts though.
    You'll kill most I-4 bikes out of every corner, but they'll pass you on the end of the straight and you'll have to start all over again. Fun for track days, not much for winning.

Buellmods.com for the manual

Buelltooth.com to buy a Dongle to communicate wirelessly with the bike.

ECMDroid is the easy (and free) program to diagnose, modify the ECM, or change fueling programs. The maps are a little harder to find than the 03-07 ones, I think Buelltooth.com is getting more or PM AZMidget on here. FYI A "R" map will work, but your speedo will be off if you care.

Yes, It has a slipper clutch. The ECM reads the difference in RPM and Speed to calculate gear, If you are slipping the clutch it doesn't know whats up.

You have cable throttle, you can see the 2 cables coming off the grip, going through the headlight module and down into the bike.

You can find the fairings searching our "Buell parts for sale" thread on here or Bad Web, try E-bay too.

You can buy a whole quick shifter kit but I believe you need to do an "engine rotate" (search it) to plug in the injector harness. I could be wrong on that.
    OR...Just get a DynoJet quick shifter linear actuator 4-104.That is the sensor for the shifter. Because your stock ECM has the functionality built in and is adjustable with ECMDroid or ECMSpy. I have one of those sensors if you want it.

Cooter, I've read a bunch of your posts, even sent you money for parts. A class act and you know your sh&%. I appreciate that. Show me some pics of a CR with U.S. fairings, show me where to get them. I've searched, even posted, about it. I found nothing (because I don't care for the pods, or the R fairing). About the Buellmods manual I'll post again about here: it DOES NOT WORK. I'll give him the one another excellent member here gave me. +2 on AZMidget btw, he helped me without me asking, yet another great member here.

P.S. Like I've learned here on this forum, pics or it didn't happen !

US fairings? I never said that. Dunno where they're made, but you can find them on Fleabay sometimes. Is it Speedmoto? IIRC?
    I saw the other thread about the broken link, that sucks. But you and BamBam have it covered way to pay it forward.
    Maybe PM the Mods at Buellmods (SEE what I did there!?!) with the file you have to fix it?

Banned

Sexsaaaaaay^^^^^^

Tpehak, that is the the foreign piece from Speed of Color. It looks pretty cool. The Flexi-glass piece looks like it my work with factory CR headlight...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast