Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bike swap

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    i walk into my garage and on any given day see 25-30 bikes. doesn't seem crazy to me at all.
    Oh quit bragging! Lol.
    As for the 3 bike stable, it's not crazy. I would if i could. In fact we're getting a low miles diavel traded in at work, I'm going to take it for a ride today I hope. Going to have a hard time not bringing it home i have a feeling. If you can afford the bikes and the space, keep them! Buell values can't really get any lower, so what's to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Hello All,

Well here it is, Spring at last and lots of great riding ahead. Planning out some longish trips. Here is my problem. I go in my garage and see 3 bikes -- the Ss, the Uly and the 1190 RX. All awesome in their way, all in perfect tune--they are all plated and insured --This is crazy. I need some help in lightening the load. Someone PM if they are looking for a good deal on one of these bikes.

I put the Ss on Craigs and got several low balls and have to go the bank tomorrow sort of thing. I won't even get into the VFR I am trying to sell.

Great ride for someone.

I looked on craigslist for a 2010 Lightning in Washington and came up with nothing. Do you have a link to the ad?

There was one that was for a 2009 with 22K miles for $9500!

Lunatic, more power to you. I am not in your league for sure. Besides I would need a way bigger garage. No motor cycle insurance required in WA state so that is a plus. Still have to get plates /tabs. Of course if I go out of state then insurance is a must. I keep the Ss uninsured as it has become my round town bike. The other two are longer range so insurance mandatory.

3419--I let that C list ad lapse but suppose I should re-activate it. If you want I could just send you the info. I heard about the one for $9500 but that was CAD--still though that is around $7200 USD so pretty optimistic.

34nineteen-- FYI--I just reposted the listing for the Ss on the Seattle CL

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/6119366529.html

34 Nineteen -- This is the link to the craigs listing in Seattle

full circle and thanks everyone for your various inputs.
    The Ss was just sold and I even made a few bucks on the deal -- wonder of wonders.

full circle and thanks everyone for your various inputs.
    The Ss was just sold and I even made a few bucks on the deal -- wonder of wonders.
    good deal

BuellyB--Basically I took your advice -- The EBR is a sort of super Ss, plus I have it modded up somewhat with bags and raised bars. The Uly is the Uly, but with a big windscreen and big luggage. I really liked the Ss for around town as it was easy/handy--sort of sad to see it go. Now I can take that Ss $$ and buy a new aerostitch suit and some Metzeler Tourance NEXT skins for the Uly.

Actually I put my highest ever miles covered in one day on the Uly--500miles --coast driving, some mountains, some rain -- I think the big Madstad screen helped a lot to keep from getting beat up too bad.

BuellyB--Basically I took your advice -- The EBR is a sort of super Ss, plus I have it modded up somewhat with bags and raised bars. The Uly is the Uly, but with a big windscreen and big luggage. I really liked the Ss for around town as it was easy/handy--sort of sad to see it go. Now I can take that Ss $$ and buy a new aerostitch suit and some Metzeler Tourance NEXT skins for the Uly.

Actually I put my highest ever miles covered in one day on the Uly--500miles --coast driving, some mountains, some rain -- I think the big Madstad screen helped a lot to keep from getting beat up too bad.
    Well glad i could help then I'm not surprised you ride your uly more. Still haven't got on a better all around bike. It sounds good, its fairly quick, its comfy, it handles great, it soaks up rough roads, it carries stuff and passengers easily, and it's DIFFERENT! I still badly want an EBR in the shed next to the Uly and the Harley. It'd kinda be like taco bell sauce levels: mild, hot, and fire!

BuellyB--Be Careful--if wishes were fishes etc. Look what happened to me, started wanting an Ss, then I had one but now I don't. Particularly on this site, you start wanting an EBR and soon you will have one. Look what happened to Coot.

Happy trails

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast