Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No,no, no, sh!+

No,no, no, sh!+

so yesterday was a beautiful day in Indiana. So I rolled my bike out of the garage, put it back on the kickstand, started it, turned around to put my helmet on, turned back around to watch my bike fall off the kickstand.
    As this happened to anyone else?
    Broke the turn signal, mirror, shift lever, clutch lever and scratched the paint on the lower fairing, front fairing and a small spot on the gas tank. And scuffed the handle bar grip.

I have new parts on the way. But I couldn't find mirrors. Does anyone have a set of mirrors off a s3 they want to get rid of?

So it turned out not to be such a beautiful day.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker98 View Post
    so yesterday was a beautiful day in Indiana. So I rolled my bike out of the garage, put it back on the kickstand, started it, turned around to put my helmet on, turned back around to watch my bike fall off the kickstand.
    As this happened to anyone else?
    Broke the turn signal, mirror, shift lever, clutch lever and scratched the paint on the lower fairing, front fairing and a small spot on the gas tank. And scuffed the handle bar grip.

I have new parts on the way. But I couldn't find mirrors. Does anyone have a set of mirrors off a s3 they want to get rid of?

So it turned out not to be such a beautiful day.
    fortuntately not to myself but unfortunately to several board members....or at least the ones that admitted to it. forty-five degree v-twin....aggressive cams profile....primary inbalance resulting in tons of rocking couple at idle. bottom line is that a buell at idle on level ground, on the sidestand.....will walk forward and roll right off the stand. ALWAYS and i repeat ALWAYS....put the front wheel up against something firm if you're going to do the unattended idling drill no matter how brief that may be.

Haven't had one fall idling, but my cyclone backed itself out of the garage one morning. ...s#!ty deal man.

Toolmaker- that sucks! Talk about ending a riding day REAL quick!

Lunatic- that's a great tip!
    Do you have a link to a "how to" video or perhaps is have the free time could you do a write up in "how to properly leave your bike while unattended?"
    I think that could be really helpful.

In all seriousness, I don't let my bike idle on the side stand. I've seen too many bikes go over while the owner tunrned his or her back for a brief moment.
    If I need to have the bike sit while idling I put it on a rear wheel stand. Much safer and extremely secure compared to the side stand.

I guess I'm too sarcastic for my own good sometimes.
    And, from the looks of your quote, I type too quickly!
    All in good fun lunatic.

Banned
    Do not park motorcycle downhill!

I think I would cry after i cuzzed if that happened to me.

I've done the exact same thing to my S3T. Even bent the fairing mount. 1 second distraction and down it went. Found new mirrors on ebay and rebent the mount myself.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    I guess I'm too sarcastic for my own good sometimes.
    And, from the looks of your quote, I type too quickly!
    All in good fun lunatic.
    loved the sarcasm carlos. a quality vid on how to properly facilitate the use of an XB sidestand....along with companion vid on how to properly install a valve-stem cap would be one of those "stickies" on here.

It should help but, could you please do the removal vid of the valve stem first !

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast