Thread: 2009 1125r tuning help

2009 1125r tuning help

Recently purchased a 2009 1125r 3k miles. Bone stock. I want to flash a race map onto the ECM. I've downloaded TunerPro RT. I have some experience with ECMspy, but am unfamiliar with TunerPro RT. I've searched for some threads to no avail. Does anyone have any instructions or links I can follow? Thanks in advance.

20161028_174522.jpg

I did that to my 9 without a pipe and filter and it ran like ****.

I tbought these bikes were supposed to come running factory lean, and flashing the ECM solved that issue. I plan on data logging next spring to give it a fine tune, and doing the normal mods--exhaust, filter, air box mod,etc. Just looking to get familiar with the process before I start making modifications that will require proper tuning.

Have you installed wideband O2 sensors yet? Got a good way to log the info? Flashing a "race ecm tune" all willy nilly sounds like an excellent plan if you don't intend to do those first.

Almost sounds like you'd just be firing blindly into the dark, hoping to hit a target.

Ecmspy is great and all that, same with tuner pro. That said, if you don't have all the tools you need to do the job, don't do it at all.
    I've spent countless thousands of $$ on tuning both 1125's and 1190's. Just to get prepped for it ran me roughly $1300 on the 1190 alone buying hardware. You don't want to know what the end cost was to develop a calibration for it.
    The 1125 was a little less since I cheaped out and didn't go with a programmable ecm.

If you're thinking "meh, I can do this **** with the stock narrow band sensors and it'll be fine" you're just kidding yourself. It's not NEARLY as accurate (think 14.7:1 air/fuel vs a wide range) and you do run the risk of holing a piston quite easily.
    As much as I've heard it preached over the years, narrow band sensors simply CANNOT do the job of a wideband.

Dean--For the sake of learming TunerPro in advance of going wideband tuning, I was hoping to just load a race fuel map to enrich the fuel values, and save the stock as backup. I definitely am not going to invest that much $$ into a bike I just bought. I figured since it has 3k miles, I will get my kicks out of the stock setup before doing the standard mods. I'm OK with doing everything slowly myself to get to know my bike inside and out. Like most of us, there's really no reputable Buell mechanic, so I do all repairs myself. And it gives me a reason to go to the shop and get away from the girlfriend.

I dig the ride btw. I really like the white and blue!